What methods or foods can help you "go"?

Have a question? Wanna ask a mommy? Now you can!
BlondeBabyBoy

What methods or foods can help you "go"?

Post by BlondeBabyBoy »

Hi mommies!
I have a bit of a problem.
You see, I'm a very picky eater and don't really eat things high in fiber and I don't consider pizzas 24/7 to be considered healthy.
I'm practically constipated almost all the time and I don't know exactly how to feel about that. Being constipated, I don't have as much of a "mess" to worry about and cleaning up is rather easy. I know that it's unhealthy to be constipated and that it can make you sick however, so I want to find a way to loosen my mess (even though it will be harder to clean up) since it's healthier and gives a more babyish feel.
I want to find a way to do this without having to rely on medication 24/7 (laxatives, suppositories, enamas, etc) since it may lose it's affect after awhile and then I'll be even worse off.
What are some ways to help with my little problem? Any methods, good tasting foods, some sort of drink, etc? I'm needing a mommies personal opinion and ideas because I don't know what to do and I want to hear any and all ideas you may have.
Thanks for reading and hopefully you can give me lots of replies and ideas! 😘
True love and care can't be described by words alone but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I wuv you mommies!
MommyTammy2

Re: What methods or foods can help you "go"?

Post by MommyTammy2 »

You have to make sure to stay hydrated sweetie, it will make it easier to go. Also, you should eat more fruits and veggies that are high in fiber. Make a fruit salad, or try bananas and peanut butter, maybe apples and peanut butter (you can dip) :). Most ab's don't like prunes, but they are an excellent source of fiber.
~Mommy Tammy
BlondeBabyBoy

Post by BlondeBabyBoy »

Hi mommy Tammy(2)!
I do try to drink TONS of water but it never seems to be enough, at least that's what my doctor said.... 3 times!
I do looove peanut butter and bananas so I will definitely have to try that.
As for fruits and veggies with lots of fiber, I don't know any specific fruits or veggies like that, plus veggies are icky 😜
Prunes also sound like a good idea but I'd probably just have prune juice if I got some.
Thanks for the advice! *hugs and kisses cheek*
If anyone else has any ideas then pweese share!
True love and care can't be described by words alone but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I wuv you mommies!
barbmommy

Post by barbmommy »

Some fruits that have lots of fiber or other things that help you poop are strawberries, bananas, kiwi, raspberries, blackberries, and oranges. Try mixing some of these fruits into yogurt as yogurt has bacteria that helps your bowls move. Finally sweetie, try some popcorn it has lots of fiber and your body can actually use it compared to the unpopped corn kernels you eat when you have sweet corn/ corn on the cob.
Another thing you could do to keep your insides slick is drink a tablespoon of mineral oil each day. Your body does not build up an immunity to it, it will not lose its effectiveness over time, and it is safe to drink for years and years. The only problem with mineral oil is your bottom will leak the oil out your rosebud.
Mommy Barb
BlondeBabyBoy

Post by BlondeBabyBoy »

Hi mommy Barb!
I like all of the fruits (so long as some of them are blended) but I haven't tried raspberries or blackberries before. I guess some fruit smoothies are needed since I can add yogurt!
Now that I think about it, I've had popcorn before and I remember being able to poop, but popcorn can sometimes make my tummy sick. At least popcorn is suuuper yummy!
Honestly I've never even heard of mineral oil unless it's basically the same as caster oil, in which case I should probably prepare myself for an icky taste (I've heard caster oil tastes really bad) if I try it. As for leakage, I might be able to find some way to fix that but I'd need to be careful if I use it.
Great ideas! Thankies soooo much for the suggestions!
If you or anyone else have any other ideas then just let me know! 😊

I wuv you mommies!
barbmommy

Post by barbmommy »

Caster oil is not the same thing as mineral oil. Mineral oil doesn't really have a taste, when you drink it, it feels like a tasteless slime filling your mouth. You can get it at Walmart in the pharmacy section where all the other digestive medicines are.
Mommy Barb
Jenna2

Post by Jenna2 »

I agree with the other mommy's staying hydrated is for sure a good start and drinking apple juice or cranberry
NannyBrenda

Post by NannyBrenda »

I'm a bit late for this topic, and I really hope you've gotten better since you posted this, BlondeBabyBoy!
But, if you haven't, you definitely need to eat some veggies, even if they are icky! Brussel sprouts, collards, spinach, kale are very helpful for constipation. Try roasting the brussel sprouts, I think they're delicious like that.
I do love to put little naughty babies in their place!
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

lots of fiber will definetly help you go, prunes work a whole lot!