Do you like playpens?

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
Little Stinky Britches

Do you like playpens?

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

This is a question for both mommies and babies.

A lot of mommies love playpens because their babies can play safe and secure and mommy doesn't have to worry about her baby getting hurt.

Some babies (like me) love playpens for the same reason. :wink:

In my fantasies I am often in a playpen, surrounded by soft, plushy toys, and mommy is never far away, usually sitting right there on the sofa nearby.

When I was growing up in the 1960s, old-fashioned, wooden playpens were the norm, usually sitting right in the living room of just about every house we would visit. They had wooden rails, with a rubberized top teething guard, so infants who pulled themselves up could naw and chew without getting splinters.

I will always see myself as that chubby, tooth-less infant, sitting there in an old-fashioned wooden playpen, drooling and slobbering, dressed in nothing but thick cloth diapers and plastic rubber baby panties.
(With a suspicious, telltale odor wafting up from the playpen as I play with my toys. :lol: )

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
wkoldnewbornbabyboy

Post by wkoldnewbornbabyboy »

i love playpens
MommieSara

Post by MommieSara »

Good question, Yes, I love the thought of playpens and whats great about them is that today they are so portable so you can bring them everywhere even the beach in the shade or with an umbrella set up.
MommyGina

Post by MommyGina »

Oh I love playpens as well! From the regular every day ones, to the old fashioned make shift ones that you can shape into what ever shape you desire to one made especially for ABies with a lock down top! Yup, playpens are very useful items, as well as doubling as a portable crib!

Gina
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

I love playpens. That way baby can watch Mommy in the kitchen and no little fingers will get smashed or burned. Baby can sing with Mommy or coo along. Marty, you would be darling playing in your playpen waiting to see when Mommy could catch a sniff of your diaper.
babygina

Playpens

Post by babygina »

Yes,I would love to see myself sleeping and playing in a REAL playpen.I did purchase one of the REAL baby playpens,but it broke as soon as I tried to sit in it.
I tinks me is a berry pretty babee gurl!!!!
Mommy Star

Post by Mommy Star »

Mommy could not function without one...the day baby learns to climb out is a very sad day indeed :(
"Because I'm the Mom and I said so!"
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

Mommy Star wrote:Mommy could not function without one...the day baby learns to climb out is a very sad day indeed :(
I know, but they are so cute when they become escape artists.
Nanny Rachel

So True

Post by Nanny Rachel »

I love my playpen...it helps when mommy has things to do...and she needs a safe place for baby to play...playpens are a god send....so enjoy that playpen...Rachel... :D
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

I do I like to use them as a form of punishment LOL
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
MommyLizabeth

Post by MommyLizabeth »

Playpens are almost a necessity and baby can play to their heart's content and Mommy knows right where they are.
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Playpens are great because they teach babies boundaries. It's important for them to know where they should and shouldn't go.
MommyLizabeth

Post by MommyLizabeth »

Crissy wrote:Playpens are great because they teach babies boundaries. It's important for them to know where they should and shouldn't go.
Yes, good point Mommy Crissy.
PhoneMomSue

Post by PhoneMomSue »

Well, just like all the other mommies, I love play pens as well. Not only inside, but outside, too. And I know just what to do with those little escape artists out there - just turn the playpen upside down! (can also ad weight to the top, as to keep them from lifting it and scooting underneath :wink: )
If I forgot to kiss you its definitely a bad day!
Cum play with me.

Mom Sue
pinkluvs

Oh I remember

Post by pinkluvs »

I remember being put in a playpen after I was diapered. My playpen was plastic of some sort.
I remember my toys, and yes, it was in the living room. I had this "magnetic board" with numbers and letters that I could stick to the board. The Numbers and letters were like the type that you can stick on the fridge, but they were big so as a child couldn't swallow them.

I sure had fun! :)

Such memories! Thank you!
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
SweetMommyCandy

Post by SweetMommyCandy »

I have to admit I raised all 3 of my babies with a playpen smack in the middle of the family room. Its fun watching baby threw the net mesh drooling and playing with all his toys. I especial love when baby learns to pull himself up and sort of bounce when bending his knees and then boom falling on his already full diaper...lol
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Thanks to everyone for their responces! :D

And Sweet Mommy Candy, thank you,
you bring back a lot of memories. :D

Playpens were so prominent in our living rooms and family rooms when I was growing up. My mom did a lot of home daycare and babysitting, so the playpen never left our family room.

And one of the wonderful things about a playpen (and there are many) is that when the baby fills their pants, it doesn't take long for the smell to waft over the playpen and fill the living room/family room with the smell.

I remember many times sitting on the couch watching TV with my mom, when she would suddenly sniff the air and ask me if I tooted. When I told her no, she would smile and go over to the playpen and pull back the baby's pants and check their diaper which was usually full of poop. (My mom has an awesome nose that can smell a toot or a poopy diaper from accross the room. :wink: )

Of course, with a playpen in the middle of the family room, you don't have to have an awesome nose like my mom's: the smell quickly fills the room making itself known. :lol:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
DommyMommyAva
Site Admin

Post by DommyMommyAva »

I love my playpen too, I spend most of my time in my playpen watching cartoons, reading, napping and playing on line I'm sitting in my playpen typing this right now tehehehe
Lacy
Mommy

Post by Lacy »

I love playing in my play pen! Plus I kinda need it or else I get myself into trouble teehee :wink: !
love, Lacy
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

I'm not a mommy but as a babysitter playpens give me a lot of freedom, while keeping baby confined. I love the really big ones o baby can play and nap and keep all his favorite toys and blankie near by.