Whats up

Are you mad or upset and have no one to vent to? Come here, we will listen and give you advice.
minniem12

Whats up

Post by minniem12 »

You ask what is up or what is going on now seriously do you really want to know or are you being nice so now tell the thruth which is it

Minnie
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Your post Minniem, asks an interesting question that most people never really think about.

You greet someone and ask, "How are you today?"

Do you really want to know?

That they have cancer?

That their father has just killed himself?

That their daughter is in jail?

That their house caught fire and burned down?

That they just lost their job?

I think most of us really don't want to know, but we go through the motions of greeting someone and asking how they are doing.

It's an interesting observation of our failed human condition.

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
minniem12

Post by minniem12 »

So very true stinky britches and what is bad is when that person or even yourself says whatever might be going on is not something that person really wants to hear they seem to totally block it out

thank you stinky britches

Minnie
MommyMaggy

Post by MommyMaggy »

Ya know, I think I'm with stinky on this as well. It is the niceties that we go through when we ask "How are you?" or reply "Fine, thank you". Of course you have to look at who is asking as well.

A friend of twenty years would be sincere in their inquiry. And someone in the medical profession is most definitely looking for a truly honest answer. But outside of that, I think we all keep our blinders and ear muffs on.
love,

Mommy Maggy