Diaper Shortage

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
YellowDucky

Diaper Shortage

Post by YellowDucky »

Chemical plant explosion in Japan could cause world-wide diaper shortage! The plant that produces the polymers for 1/5 of the disposable diapers around the world, exploded on Saturday. For you sweet babies that are in disposables, you had better buy now before price gouging begins. Of course, this could cause a rippling effect across the cloth diapering world. I'm just glad there is nothing but fluffy, soft cotton on this little bottom. What do you mommies think is going to happen?
SweetMommyCandy

Post by SweetMommyCandy »

OMG this is terrible!!! I guess this will be a good time to try cloth :)
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

There is NOTHING like the feel of a fluffy, soft, thick cotton diaper that has been washed 1,0000 times. :D

NOTHING feels better on your tender baby bottom. :D

And nothing gives you and your mommy more peace of mind, then plastic "rubber" baby panties covering those soft and thick cloth diapers.

With cloth diapers (doubled for thickness) and plastic rubber baby pants, any wettness and mess will be contained. If you are wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants, you can sit on mommy's lap and "fill up your britches" and never worry about any leaks. All the wettness and poop will be contained in your pants. :D

Baby is happy, Mommy is happy, and everyone is happy with cloth diapers and plastic baby pants. :D

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

I gotta say Marty you and Yellow Ducky are right on, cloth is the way to go. I have been getting more and more into using cloth when I wear. I have always loved plastic panties even over disposables.

As far as the plant explosion, I really don't think it is going to have the effect that the mass media is trying to get everyone hyped over. It is their job to make everyone panic so they can sell more mags, papers and getting more hits on their sites ,when people want to keep up with what is going on.

I do hope to see more mommies using cloth on ABies as it is better for the environment and little bottoms as well. ;)
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Hmm i really want to try cloth. When I first started imagining being an AB many years ago I originally imagined using cloth. But i had no idea how to get a hold of the proper materials adult sized so I went with disposables. I love em but something about having mommy pin you into your diapers and have you wear plastic pants too just sounds so babyish. I'd be interested in trying cloth if i can find something that feels authentic. I think I'd like both cloth and disposable.
You can't keep a good yoyo down.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Yoyo, I like using both as well. My main thing is the plastic panties. I just love em! But if you do a little research you can find some good buys on the internet. There is an adult cloth diaper website, as well as Bambino and you can even find great buys on Etsy. I even found a seller on Etsy willing to custom make cloth diapers. Just gotta dig around a bit.
Crissy

Guess I will be ok

Post by Crissy »

I make my own homemade frankenstiened diapers out of plastic panties and cotton filling seems to rock for absorbency & they are quite comfy!
When in doubt re-purpose or re-imagine :)
MommyJosie
Mommy

Re: Guess I will be ok

Post by MommyJosie »

Crissy wrote:I make my own homemade frankenstiened diapers out of plastic panties and cotton filling seems to rock for absorbency & they are quite comfy!
When in doubt re-purpose or re-imagine :)
Crissy, that is awesome. I have a few Abie's that have done similar types of diapers. Mostly because they were to embarrassed to buy their own. :lol: But a few because they are crafty. I however, am NOT very crafty. Maybe you can teach me how yours are done?
Crissy

:)

Post by Crissy »

Anytime Josie I am more than happy too teach you how to craft them.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Re: :)

Post by MommyJosie »

Crissy wrote:Anytime Josie I am more than happy too teach you how to craft them.
Yay! I really want to make some plaid and purple ones. And maybe some other cute little prints.
YellowDucky

Post by YellowDucky »

WOW! I had forgotten all about this post. Thank You for all of the sweet responses. Mommy Josie, I love the multicolored prefold diapers. But, I guess I’m old school and believe that a flat or prefold cloth diaper should be snow white. This way you can clearly see all of the cute colored diaper pins. For me, this look is tremendously babyish!!
Crissy

old school

Post by Crissy »

I agree the old school white is very cool as well to showcase the colored pins.
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

I sooooo agree with Crissy, Josie, and YellowDucky! 8)

When I was a kid, my mom and her friends would often forgo the plastic baby pants (rubber pants) over the cloth diapers, and just let the baby play in a fluffy cloth diaper which really showcased the cute, colored diaper pins against the white cloth. :D

It was common, especially on hot summer days to see babies in nothing but a fluffy white cloth diaper, with their blue, pink, or yellow diaper pins at each side.

Nothing looked more "babyish". :lol:

As an aside, one thing I noticed about moms and cloth diapering back then, was that moms who were inexperienced or new to diapering babies, would pin the diaper with the diaper pin heads facing forward.

Experienced moms however, (like my mom who had 4 kids and a daycare) always diapered the baby with the diaper pin heads facing backward. That way, they could pin the diaper more snug and secure, thereby preventing any messy leaks. :wink:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
pinkluvs15

Oh no!

Post by pinkluvs15 »

I'd rather see a shortage of the weapons of war than a shortage of diapers. And that is the truth.
Less war, more diapers I say. Mommies should rule the Earth!