I like going down the diaper aisle!

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
naughtyboyutah

I like going down the diaper aisle!

Post by naughtyboyutah »

I was just wondering if any of you have ever just gone down the diaper aisle and looked at all the diapers there. I myself work at Target and everytime I get a chance to put away diapers or be in that aisle, I take it. I just love looking at all the diapers and imagining myself there with my mommy taking me by the hand and looking to buy some diapers for me. That would be so much fun. It's like everytime I go down that aisle, I feel so loved and this sense of caring and loving just fills that aisle as the sight of diapers just comforts me and reminds me about why I love diapers so much. Anyone else go down the diaper aisle just for fun?

Cameron

P.S. Of all the stores you have been at, which store has the best selection of diapers?
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Almost every time i go into the store I go down the diaper aisle or into the baby section and find myself getting caught up.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Naughty Nanny Ella

Post by Naughty Nanny Ella »

I never really thought about it, but I always take a stroll down the diaper aisle too, LOL

Nanny Ella
Call Nanny Ella when baby needs a sitter
1-888-430-2010

~My PhoneAMommy Profile~
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

The problem for me, is that the "diaper aisle" in my local store, or in any store for that matter, is not, in my opinion, a "real" diaper aisle, with "real" diapers. :(

Being born in 1959, and lovingly diapered with soft cloth diapers and plastic, or "rubber" baby pants, I don't consider "modern" diapers to be "real" diapers. :lol:

For me, they are just chemicaly treated sheets of paper, with a plastic outer layer, and way, way, too thin to be a diaper. :roll:

For a diaper, to be a "real" diaper, it must be....

(1.) SOFT, and comforting, like a blanket or comforter.

(2.) THICK, so thick that your legs bow out when your mother diapers you, and you have an extra "waddle" in your toddle.

(3.) PINNED with diaper pins. Nothing says "Baby", quite like a thick and soft diaper pinned with blue or pink diaper pins.

(4.) RUBBER, or PLASTIC BABY PANTIES covering the diaper. Nothing is more "Babyish" then a pair of frosty white rubber pants covering your thick diaper. When other moms vist your house and they see the telltale sign of rubber pants puffing out the back of your outfit, they know that you are still in diapers and that you still go potty in your pants. :oops:

When I was a kid, EVERY baby was in cloth diapers and rubber pants, and you could tell right away if someone was not yet potty trained, because their bottoms had a HUGE, puffy, "boubble bottom" look from the thick diapers and rubber pants, and they were somewhat bow-legged.

So, the modern diaper aisle doesn't hold much charm for me, except that I may spy a pretty mommy with her baby every now and then. :wink:
Janey
Mommy

Post by Janey »

Whenever my mommy takes me to the store, I make a break for it and sneak down to the diaper aisle. She always knows where to find me with my nose stuck in a package of diapers. I love the smell of pampers *giggles
naughtyboyutah

Mommy Janey, I do too

Post by naughtyboyutah »

Mommy Janey, my favorite diapers are pampers. I really love the smell of old vintage pampers the best. The ones that are plastic. I much prefer those over what they have in the store now.

Cameron
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

As you all know, I'm into cloth diapers and plastic or rubber baby pants, as opposed to disposables, i.e. "Pampers".

However, I would like to make an observation...... :roll:

Cameron say's that he likes the old Pampers, vs. the new. Well, one thing I have noticed, is that when they first came out back in the 1970's and started to replace cloth diapers and rubber pants, they really had the thickness of cloth diapers and rubber pants.

Today however, all these disposable diaper companies are trying to make their diapers thiner, and thiner, like underwear. :(

This is just not right! :shock:

When a baby is in a diaper, either cloth or disposables, the diaper should look like a diaper: Very thick, very obvious, and very "crinkly". :lol:

That's one of the things that I miss about the cloth diaper era, especially the 1950's. Back in those days, cloth diapers and rubber pants were thick and obvious, letting everyone know, that this little baby goes potty in his pants. 8)
pinkluvs

I remember the first times...

Post by pinkluvs »

It's just like it was yesterday. I was in high school, and I wanted to buy some Pampers. I didn't have a car yet, so I rode my bike out as far as I could to the supermarket across town. The entire time I was riding my bike, I was nervous. I hadn't done this before.
When I finally arrived, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through with buying baby diapers, but since I had rode my bike for nearly five miles, I figured I may as well go through with it. I went into the store nervous as heck, and of course I "pretended" to shop around for a while buying this and that. Finally, I got up the nerve to go down the diaper aisle. I looked to see if anyone was there (I didn't want to be seen by anyone while I picked out diapers!) :oops:
What a rush! My heart was thumping like crazy while I looked over the selection of diapers, baby powder, baby lotion, plastic pants, you name it. Just then, some nice looking lady came into the aisle, and I just about died of shame, but I picked out a package of Pampers, and left quickly for the checkout.
I thought that the checkout line, even as early in the morning as it was and an empty one (almost), would last forever! Of course I "padded out" my purchase with a bunch of stuff I didn't need like measuring cups and whatnot, and when it was my turn to be rung up, the sales lady did give me a bit of a funny look, but it wasn't really so bad. I think she knew in some way what with all the non-related items I was buying and me being a teenager and all.
The worst part was the other people that were starting to line up behind me :oops:
I sure was glad when I was paid up, and on my way!
I couldn't fit the package of Pampers in my backpack, so I had to hide them as best as I could in the grocery bag all the way home. I sure was lucky that my parents weren't home when I got back (skipped school that day!). I had many experiences like this one well into college, and It took quite a few years for me to just casually go to the diaper aisle and buy diapers and plastic pants. It still is kind of a rush though now that I think about it :D

pinkluvs
TheSitterStacie

Post by TheSitterStacie »

last time I was in the diaper aisle I found this stuff called Butt Paste. Someone in advertising at that company should be fired.

Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
pinkluvs

I agree

Post by pinkluvs »

Butt paste? What a name! Sure doesn't leave any joy in the diapering experience thinking about it. Sounds like something you would use in construction work.
Sheesh!
If I was the boss, I'd have to have a serious discussion with marketing on that name to change it.
Victoriah Nichole Little

Post by Victoriah Nichole Little »

When I was a kid, every time we went grocery shopping, my mother had to go down every dang aisle. Come to think of it, AFAIK, she still does. Anyway, this meant we would always end up going down the baby care aisle. When we did, I would always feel so embarrassed, but it wasn't until many years later I understood why. lol But I can still remember feeling that sinking feeling of embarrassment as we walked down the aisle and seeing all the packages of baby diapers, and sometimes a "nightmare" thought would creep into my mind of my parents suggesting that maybe I should be put back in diapers, and putting a package of them in the cart for me, followed by picking me up and putting me in the baby seat in the shopping cart! lol
babygina

Diaper aisle

Post by babygina »

I fit very well still into the PAMPERS size 7 diapers,with me being on the small size,so I always spend a little while in the baby diaper area.I love to pick up other packages of diapers and smell and squeeze them,and think about being a little baby able to fit baby into all the sizes and styles of diapers.I also still eat first stage baby foods,so I am also going through all the baby foods.I was nervous the first couple of times going through the baby area,but now it is nothing,I am a female,and everyone probably thinks I have a little one at home.Funny to be I AM the little one at home!!!
I tinks me is a berry pretty babee gurl!!!!
phoneamommysbabycam

Cool!

Post by phoneamommysbabycam »

That's so cool that so many find themselves going down the diaper aisle. I work at Target and so whenever I am in the diaper aisle, I make sure I ask all the mommies if I can help them find something. I just love it when the mommy says the word diapers and asks about them sometimes. That is always a highlight of my day.

Cammie
Mommy Josie

Oh Cammie

Post by Mommy Josie »

Your oh so right going down the baby aisles and checking out all the new items out there for babies...I know it is great to be able to see all the things that mommy can buy for her little ones...Josie.
dllouie

Post by dllouie »

Not only do I go slowly down the diaper aisle I also go to the baby clothes aisle and get good ideas about something I might like to wear or play with or sleep in.
halcyonbaby

Post by halcyonbaby »

On the discussion of diaper thickness nowadays. I had this conversation with an AB/Babyfur friend the other day. He uses modern disposable baby diapers as stuffers. He showed me one and it was less than a quarter inch thick. I thought there was no way in the world these would absorb anything. If I was a parent, and had kids in diapers, I'd be concerned about my carpets putting something that thin on my babies bottom! Surprisingly enough though, those super absorbent polymers work wonders. It managed to hold a wetting from myself, and I'm a heavy wetter. Granted the thing was saturated to the point of leaking almost, but it held. (Another discussion we had is the designs on these generic diapers. This one had the phrase "H is for Hippo!" on the front. Yes its teaching the alphabet, but talk about a self esteem issue! "Mommy! My diapey says I'm fat!" *gigglefit*)

I enjoy both cloth and disposable diapers. However in regards to today's AB disposable diapers, like ABU Cushies (which I love and wear exclusively if I can) and the Bambinos, I would like to see a diaper with a cloth backing on it. I don't mind the plastic, but what's good for modern babies is good for modern bAbies, in my humble opinion!

Yes, I go down the diaper aisle everytime I'm at the store if I can. :D

(Edit: And I didn't realize how old this topic was until after I posted. Sowwy!)
You can call me Braydin, Bray, B, Baby B, etc.

Babyhood, that's what they were referring to when they talked about our Halcyon Days.
Lexus
Mommy

Post by Lexus »

Was going through some old posts, and came across this one (it was originally started back in '07 - WOW!). And I was thinking how much a trip down the diaper aisle has changed. All sorts of new items are in there. I personally love going down not just the diaper aisle, but the baby area as well. So many new and neat things there now!!

Lexus
pinkluvs15

The diaper aisle

Post by pinkluvs15 »

I went down the diaper aisle a few days ago while grocery shopping. Yes, times have changed. It used to be that you could buy the really good Gerber plastic panties, cloth diapers, diaper pins, and if you wanted, real plastic-backed disposable diapers. Not the cloth-like disposables.

Now, no more :(
No more plastic panties, no more cloth diapers or diaper pins, what a bummer.
Next thing you know Johnson's baby lotion won't be pink anymore. What a horrible thought.

One thing I did notice though, and something that hasn't changed, is fresh packages of Pampers still have that heavenly aroma. I had to linger a bit to take it in, and even considered buying some size 7 Pampers just for that. Maybe I still will buy some. I figure they would fit me even though a bit tight. I can put some plastic panties over them :)
Lexus
Mommy

Post by Lexus »

Ahh, see, i went down the diaper aisle at Walmart, and they have ALL those things pinkinlivs. So i suppose it depends on the diaper aisle (DEPENDS...get it?? DEPENDs Diapers, hahahahha). I know DUMB joke...

Lexus
Veronika
Mommy

diaper aisle domination

Post by Veronika »

I enjoy taking my sub's on a leash down the aisle and teasing them that
they really need the diaper's but they are not gonna get what they need until they understand serving me get's them what they really need.