Real life?

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
NannyEllaMadison

Real life?

Post by NannyEllaMadison »

I'm curious as to how many of you special little ones have had the opportunity to visit a nursery physically.

One reason I REALLY love being a phone nanny is that so many bABies never have the chance to visit a mommy in person, and all the mommies here are just so loving and make you feel like the little one you are.

If you have visited a real nursery, what did it look like? If not, what does your fantasy nursery look like? What does the nursery look like when you call mommy?

I used to have a nursery in my house for my bABy, and I love to describe in detail all the wonderful things in the nursery so you are really there with me :)
Nanny Ella
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Great question Nanny Ella! :D

My fantasy Nursery, circa 1956

The lower half door to the nursery is closed and locked to prevent crawling and toddling babies from escaping, while the upper half of the nursery door is open, allowing mothers to drop off and pick up their babies.

As you enter the nursery, there are cribs and playpens everywhere, and the nursery is buzzing like a busy beehive; with babies jabbering and playing, some are cooing and others are being soothed and comforted by the pretty mommy nursery attendants. And everything is white, especially the diapers; stacks and stacks of folded cloth diapers above and below the changing tables, along with baby powder, Vaseline, baby oil, baby lotion, diaper pins, and pairs of rubber baby pants. A pretty yellow diaper pail, with a ducky on it sits next to the changing table.

And the smell is overwhelming: Baby powder and poopy diapers.

All through out the nursery, the sent of poop and baby powder wafts through the air, reminding all who enter the nursery, that little ones in diapers, go to the bathroom in their pants. :oops:

Above all, my fantasy nursery is a place of love and comfort. Where little ones like myself, can find love and comfort from pretty mommies who change our diapers when we go to the bathroom in our britches. :oops:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
PhoneAMommyLauren

Post by PhoneAMommyLauren »

I've only seen nurseries on the television. :( I like to imagine lots of bright pastel colors on the walls, like lavender and yellow. And stuffed animals! So many plush critters for babies to tug and hug on.

Can't forget a gate! Need to keep those babies where I left 'em! :)
mommybarb

Post by mommybarb »

Such a good question! I love getting to talk about the lovely nursery I have set up for my little ones. It has everything that I need to care for and spoil them rotten!! Diapers galore of cloth and disposable, so many bottles and baby foods, more toys than they have ever seen, innumerable outfits and dresses.... And a HUGE bed so that my babies and I can snuggle and I can read them stories when I put them down for naps or bedtime! I love seeing their faces when they step inside!
XOXO,

Barb
NannyEllaMadison

Mommy Barb you said it! The look of amazement, joy, calm, excitement, all in one lol. And yes, the smell, mostly for me of soft bABies, a small tinge of diapers in the air but mostly sweetness and powder (probably because I'm so often covered in it, and I wear Love's Baby Soft body spray lol).
Nanny Ella
mommybarb

Post by mommybarb »

Nanny Ella, I know you have lots of experience as well in getting to care for the little ones who pass through here at phone a mommy :) I love the smell too! That is probably my favorite part! The baby smell stays so sweet and so fresh after every diaper change! Hehe, Love's Baby Soft smells so wonderful and definitely reminds me of getting to be with my charges<3 I am glad to know someone else also enjoys being reminded of them often!
XOXO,

Barb
lilonenaughty

Post by lilonenaughty »

My nursery that I want to and will hopefully have in the future. It will have an adult sized crib, changing table and playpen. It will have a closet for all the baby clothes. It will have a chair in the corner and a paddle on the wall with my name on it. A nice soft carpet and the walls should be painted a pastel pink. The smell of powder and wet messy diapers wafting through the air. Another comfy recliner for reading stories is on the opposite end. ahhhhh to dream...
Mommy's Sweet & Naughty Baby Girl
Pamper Crinkles

Post by Pamper Crinkles »

I have not slept in a real nursery since I was a baby, unfortunately, but it's looking closer and closer in the future that I may be able to have one of my own :)

Right now, I'm dreaming of a toddler bed rather than a crib with Disney Princess bedsheets, maybe even with a canopy :D The walls will be lilac and there will be little pictures of tiaras and ballerinas on the walls. The dresser will be white and there will be a big rainbow-colored rug in the middle where I play and get my diaper changed (not going to spring for an adult-sized changing table). I know I'll feel like a little princess inside a room like that ^_^
Love is a fresh baby wipe, a crinkly diaper, a sprinkling of powder, and a big kiss on the cheek!
NannyEllaMadison

Crinkles we made our own adult changing table! And locking crib :) For the changing table, if you can build a good base with 2x4s and 4x4s, you can add shelving, and then use a kitchen counter top for the changing area...you can add batting or padding or use heated changing pads or or or or...the possibilities are endless!

The crib takes a lot more work lol but it's worth it. The only piece I think we purchased was a custom made wooden adult high chair. My little one was naughty and squirmed so we had to add straps to keep him n place. He often had a red bottom (we had a spanking bench for his squirmy bum!)
Nanny Ella
lilonenaughty

Post by lilonenaughty »

awwww he gots spankies haa haa haa

great ideas for the changing table though since i didnt see that.

Crinkles there is a website that sells the plans for a high chair and crib for $35 each.
Mommy's Sweet & Naughty Baby Girl