Baby Powder

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
Tawny

Baby Powder

Post by Tawny »

Hi all you mommies and babies. Do you use baby powder when you change a diaper and what is your favorite brand? Mine is Johnson and Johnson mmm love the smell.
sweetmommyJaney

Post by sweetmommyJaney »

Hi Tawny !! I love The original scent I use It on all of my precious adult babies. It always makes them smell fresh and clean every time :) Great question!
phoneamommyjackie

Post by phoneamommyjackie »

Love to powder those sweet bottoms! Fresh and clean and feels silky too!
Johnson's is the only one!
SweetMommyCandy

Post by SweetMommyCandy »

I agree with the other mommies, I love baby powder original scent Johnson&Johnson. They also make other great baby products too, that are very good for hair and skin.
Mommy Candy will make it all better!
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Talcum powder has been linked to ovarian cancer so I like to use talc free baby powder. There are several good brands out there and even Johnson and Johnson makes a pure cornstarch powder. I like using Oh Baby natural vegan products for babies.
pinkluvs15

Yeah, I'm aking the switch

Post by pinkluvs15 »

It's not a far stretch that talcum powder may not be good for guys either. So what I do to keep up the kink is load an old Johnson"s baby powder container with baby cornstarch. Baby cornstarch is actually smoother anyway, and it's still baby powder :)
DommyMommyAva
Site Admin

Post by DommyMommyAva »

I agree with you pinkluvs :) The baby cornstarch works just as good and smells the same as the talc. :) We dont want to take any chances using talc so close to baby's little balls tehehehehe
Busy Britches

Post by Busy Britches »

There is something so intimate, so loving, so motherly, about having your mommy powder you with baby powder during a diapering. :D

As a child growing up in the 1960s, I must have watched dozens and dozens of mommies powder dozens and dozens of babies at our house and in the church nursery where we went to church on Sunday.

At each diapering I witnessed, there was always a container of Johnson's Baby Powder nearby, and the baby's mother always applied generous amounts of powder to the bottom, thighs, and private areas.

This always struck me as something so intimate and private, and yet so public as well. I remember that each time a baby was being powdered and diapered at our house, EVERY MOM in the room was watching and smiling as the baby's mother powdered they're bottoms. :oops:

What would that be like? I always wondered.

There on the couch, with everyone watching, your mother slips a soft cotton diaper under your naked rear, and begins to powder your plump bottom with sweet-smelling baby powder, as she makes small talk with her friends, and every eye in the room is watching her dust your bottom with that silky, sweet-smelling baby powder, all over the most private areas of your body. :oops:

And after your mommy is finished powdering you, she pins you into a soft cotton diaper with two diapers pins, followed by frosty white plastic "rubber" baby panties, and then snaps your overalls back in place and you return to your play, smelling like Johnson's baby powder. :D

What does a freshly powdered baby smell like?

They smell like;
"Mommy just changed my pants." :D

Yep, that's what you smell like. :wink:
"Uh, oh, Mommy smells something."
Hard_PP_DiaperBaby

Post by Hard_PP_DiaperBaby »

Due to the cancer risk of baby powder I only use corn starch
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

Busy Britches wrote:There is something so intimate, so loving, so motherly, about having your mommy powder you with baby powder during a diapering. :D

As a child growing up in the 1960s, I must have watched dozens and dozens of mommies powder dozens and dozens of babies at our house and in the church nursery where we went to church on Sunday.

At each diapering I witnessed, there was always a container of Johnson's Baby Powder nearby, and the baby's mother always applied generous amounts of powder to the bottom, thighs, and private areas.

This always struck me as something so intimate and private, and yet so public as well. I remember that each time a baby was being powdered and diapered at our house, EVERY MOM in the room was watching and smiling as the baby's mother powdered they're bottoms. :oops:

What would that be like? I always wondered.

There on the couch, with everyone watching, your mother slips a soft cotton diaper under your naked rear, and begins to powder your plump bottom with sweet-smelling baby powder, as she makes small talk with her friends, and every eye in the room is watching her dust your bottom with that silky, sweet-smelling baby powder, all over the most private areas of your body. :oops:

And after your mommy is finished powdering you, she pins you into a soft cotton diaper with two diapers pins, followed by frosty white plastic "rubber" baby panties, and then snaps your overalls back in place and you return to your play, smelling like Johnson's baby powder. :D

What does a freshly powdered baby smell like?

They smell like;
"Mommy just changed my pants." :D

Yep, that's what you smell like. :wink:

This is such an adorable story. I love it. Those are all the things I remember too. Now being a mommy I have done those same things time and time again. We didn't know at the time when it was happening to us there was a cancer risk or that we could be doing harm to our babies. Personally, if you ask me we all have a chance of getting cancer just from living in the world we live in. It may not be a very good way to look at things but with that being said we all have to die one day. I like the thought that we have lived a happy life before that day comes, Enjoy it babies!!
Busy Britches

Thank you Mommy Tawny!

Post by Busy Britches »

Thank you Mommy Tawny! :D

Wow! It's not very often that I fall in love with a mommy after reading a post, but I gotta tell ya Tawny, I think I'm in love. :lol:

We have so much in common, I don't know where to start. 8)

Yes, talc in baby powder is a cancer risk, unknown in the 1950s and 1960s where the majority of babies were being powdered at each diapering. And I have switched to the corn-starch varieties to minimize that risk. And I have found that some of the "off-brand" corn-starch baby powders are very babyish and fragrant (although not as much as Johnson & Johnson).

But I agree with you 100% Mommy Tawny! 8)

Be happy and enjoy life! Yes, take precautions, use common sense (in short supply these days) do everything in moderation (except when it comes to wearing diapers :wink: ) and live everyday as if it were your last day on earth.

Thank you so much Mommy Tawny! :D
"Uh, oh, Mommy smells something."
lilonenaughty

Post by lilonenaughty »

I Love the good old Johnsons and Johnsons Baby Powder the smell and the feel!

Baby Alyssa
Mommy's Sweet & Naughty Baby Girl
DommyMommyAva
Site Admin

Post by DommyMommyAva »

I love me some baby powder you can never have too much!
sweetmommyJaney

Post by sweetmommyJaney »

I love using a bunch of baby powder on my sweet babies and when they walk you can see the poofs out from them walking