Finding old fashion Cloth Diapers

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
Tawny

Finding old fashion Cloth Diapers

Post by Tawny »

If you are wearing cloth diapers still can someone please tell me where they are finding them and if they are the good old fashion cloth diaper? Mommy Tawny is having a hard time finding them for my sweet babies.
babysuzy

Post by babysuzy »

Hi Tawny

If you are looking for the Classic old fashioned cloth diaper then you want the Curity 21x40 flat fold cotton gauze diapers. They used to be made by Kendall, but have not been made since the late sixties or early seventies. They do still appear now and then on Ebay. But are very expensive depending on who is bidding. ($300.00 for a dozen NIB was the highest I saw.) Other companies made very similar products, but the Curity seemed to get softer than any of the others after washing.

The next version of cloth was the Birdseye material which had a slight pattern to the texture. They were produced by Gerber and others, but were not as soft in my opinion.

The basic problem with either of the above is that they were meant to be folded to fit the baby and could adjust as the baby grew. But they are not really suited to larger adults unless used as soaker or liner in a modern style snap diaper cover. They can also be sewn together.

More companies are now making cloth diapers for adults, but none I have seen match the old Curity softness.

I have had good luck at thrift stores buying flannel sheets and converting them to diapers. You can get some cute patterns and colors and they are very soft.

For me the old 21 x 40 will always hold a special place since that is what I grew up in. The pinked (sawtooth) edges and the blue curity symbol in the shape of a pinked diaper still say "baby" and "security" to me.

Good luck in your search.

Babysuzy
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

Wow baby suzy you gave me a ton of great info and knew exactly what I was looking for. $300 on ebay is a little much for me but now that I know where to look I will keep my eye out for them and hope for a better price!
lilonenaughty

Post by lilonenaughty »

Mommy,

I sure you can find em if you search!

Baby Alyssa
Mommy's Sweet & Naughty Baby Girl
pinkluvs15

The old 21X40 Curity diapers

Post by pinkluvs15 »

I was diapered with those. The old timey flat fold 21X40 Curity diapers. I remember my mom folding them, and then came my diaper. After that, Gerber plastic pants.
The good old days :)