Do you mommies, moderators, or admins hate spammers?

Have a question? Wanna ask a mommy? Now you can!
BlondeBabyBoy

Do you mommies, moderators, or admins hate spammers?

Post by BlondeBabyBoy »

Hi mommies!
We have a bit of a problem.
On the "let's say hi" part of the forum there about 196 pages of spam! These spammers are getting very annoying, they may soon even take over the whole forum till everything is spam. I'm not sure if your in of the charge forums but if you are or know someone who is then do you think this problem could be fixed?

Here's a suggestion: since the spammers won't stop, instead of only deleting their accounts and posts you should make it so the posts have to be approved by a moderator, admin, or someone with power on the site first.
Another idea would be to make it so any post with a link from another site in it wouldn't be allowed to be posted and would be considered spam automatically.
Everyone who reads this, give your ideas or support for this problem pweese and tell me what you think, especially if you've noticed it before as well.
~love and hugs
BlondeBabyBoy or Jordan
True love and care can't be described by words alone but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I wuv you mommies!
MommyAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Do you mommies, moderators, or admins hate spammers?

Post by MommyAdmin »

Thank you for your suggestion :) and we are looking in to it.
NannyBrenda

Post by NannyBrenda »

Oh, yes, it's been noticed! Glad that we're going to be fixing it soon. :)
I do love to put little naughty babies in their place!
MommyAdmin
Site Admin

Post by MommyAdmin »

We may need to start approving posts before they post if we cant figure out how to ban them permanently.
BlondeBabyBoy

Post by BlondeBabyBoy »

I'm not amazing when it comes to technology like running a website or something like that but maybe you could ban their IP address so any extra profiles they make would be automatically denied. No idea if that could work or not and no guarantee that it will stop the spammers if there is way more then 1.
Maybe you only make it so new users have to have approved posts for awhile and then the users you know aren't spammers won't necessarily be affected.
As I said, I am not a genius when it comes to being a moderator or admin but just some ideas if they are possible
True love and care can't be described by words alone but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

I wuv you mommies!