My "friends" are driving me crazy

Are you mad or upset and have no one to vent to? Come here, we will listen and give you advice.
Diapers4Ever

My "friends" are driving me crazy

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Just so it doesn't get confusing:
Friend A - Jack (infection-giver)
Friend B - Roman (backstabber)
Friend C - Lucas (good friend)

Okay, here's the story:

On the 26th, I'd gone with Roman to Jack's house. Jack was getting over a cold (had it for four days), but he claimed that he was well enough to have us over. I didn't want to go because he wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to catch anything. Roman, however, insisted, as did Jack...so, with no other persuasive argument left in me, I said "Fine, let's go."

We'd come back at roughly 2:30 AM on the following day and I'd gone to sleep shortly after. Getting up at approximately noon on the same day (the 27th), I'd noticed a tickle in my throat and a slight case of the sniffles. Thinking nothing of it, I ignored it. Day after day, it got worse and worse. I began to realize that I had a cold. Now, looking at the evidence, almost anybody would say that Jack was responsible (since he had a cold), but Roman didn't feel that way.

When I called him and told him I had a cold, he felt bad for me (I later found out that this was false sympathy). Then I'd told him my theory about possibly having gotten the cold from going down to Jack's place. He insisted that wasn't the case and he went on to blame my air conditioner (even though it's in the living room and I'm way in the bedroom, there's no way it could possibly reach me).

Now I didn't believe him at first, but then I found out from my grandmother that the air condition can cause the common cold, however as my other friend Lucas says, "You've had that air conditioner running nonstop and didn't get anything until you went down to Jack's."

I figured "he's got a point", so I agreed with him.

Yesterday, Lucas called me, starting the conversation with telling me that he'd gotten off the phone with Jack not even thirty seconds ago. He states that Jack told him that Roman told Jack about me telling Roman that I believed Jack was the one who caused my cold (basically Roman took what I said as a rant and blabbed it to Jack).

And that's where we are now. I can trust Lucas, I apparently can't trust either Jack or Roman.

Oh, I should also mention that another thing that Lucas told me during his phone conversation with Jack is that Jack claims that he hadn't seen either myself or Roman for two months...when he knows we were down there on the 26th as well as the 19th (since it was my birthday three days later, they had taken me out to celebrate it), so that makes Jack a liar as well.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

ooook, to be perfectly honest with you... Life is too short to argue over petty things such as this. With that said, it is curious that Jack lied about you seeing you, so be careful with him. However it is just heresay that he lied, you did not hear it yourself. As far as the air conditioner, if you had someone over who was starting to get sick it could have infected your airconditioner passing it to you. but it sounds as if you picked it up from Jack. But like I said, life is too short to get yourself all worked up. Its just a cold (unless, of course, you have a weak immune system, in witch case you would have reason to be mad). i dont mean to minimize your suffering, but stress can cause sickness and ill health too. So I dont want you to get sick again b/c you are stressing out over this, sweetie. But like I said, Jack sounds a lil shady to me. I mean why would he lie?
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

I always felt suspicious about Jack, because he didn't really seem to be as much of a friend as Roman used to be. Myself and Lucas both think that Roman became more of a jagoff ("Third Watch" word, basically means "jerk" :D) when he started hanging around Jack more and more. Even over the last five years or so, Jack was seriously taking advantage of our (by "our", I mean his and mine) "friendship", since my mom and him were working at the same hotel, he'd constantly be coming over when he knew he had a shift the following morning and he'd take it upon himself to get me to ask my mother if he could spend the night. He did this practically every week, which really irritated both my mother and myself.

Lucas had recently called Jack from my house and (with him on Speakerphone, but not knowing I was there) Lucas asked him when was the last time he saw me. Jack said over two months ago, so we both immediately knew it was a lie.

Lucas had also asked Jack if he knew I had recently gotten sick. Jack said he did and that Roman told him. Judging by the tone of his voice, Jack, at least to me, did not seem to care that I was sick (Lucas never asked Jack outright if he was responsible, however).

As for the air conditioner thing, I'd gone over to Jack's house, he wasn't over at mine, so I know that he didn't pass anything on to the system. :)

But yeah, everyone I talked to about this (my mom, my grandfather, my grandmother, my girlfriend, even other friends online [who, unlike the first four, would be completely impartial]) are all convinced that I got the cold from spending that time at Jack's house.

I'm not really stressed out over this, I just wanted to get my feelings out. I'm feeling 100% health-wise. As for the issue with Jack and Roman, I'll have to mull over what I 'm gonna do about it. :)

Thanks very, very much for the reply, Mommy Josie! :D It's truly appreciated! :D

8) Sean 8)