Cloth or Disposible?

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!

What's your favorite kind of diaper?

Definitely Disposible
37%
Quality Cloth
26%
I Like All Diapers!
37%

Total votes: 43
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

:D Joey and someone else who loves cloth.
kiram

Post by kiram »

I read that ones preference is generally those that were worn when a chronological baby. That said, I prefer cloth greatly. Much bulkier, and when worn with plastic panties, are much more leak resistant than disposables. Disposables are ok for a quick fix or public, but otherwise cloth is the bestest!
baby sister katie

Post by baby sister katie »

I like it all,but right now disposables are my pick
naughty has never been sooo nice

Baby Talk
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

never had cloth, and have only tried 3 disposable brands. but i can honestly say that i prefer the disposables for multiple reasons. most of which i think anyone here can guess.
Lexus
Mommy

Post by Lexus »

I 2 like both :)

Mommy Lexus
BabyGirl_Jessica

Re: Cloth or Disposible?

Post by BabyGirl_Jessica »

Naughty Nanny Ella wrote:I can see the appeal and the advanteges of both so I usually go with what my little one likes, or doesn't like (depending on the message I'm trying to get across, LOL). Diaper Lovers, abies, mommies, which do you prefer--cloth or disposible? Fill us in on the details of how you like them, and why!
Well, I suppose I could use both. I started with cloth around ten years ago but now use disposables exclusively. It is just so much more convenient in so many ways. However, the cost of disposables really adds up over time.

The primary reason I wear diapers is to keep my bed dry at night. I have been considering going back to cloth lately. I know they make some good contoured cloth diapers that have elastic in the legs and help to prevent leakage. But I haven't found a good cloth diaper that doesn't leak at all so I would need to purchase plastic or rubber pants too.

The most obvious benifit would be that they are reuseable. However, since i would not want to wash diapers every day of the week, I would need maybe ten or fifteen diapers. And the same goes for plastic or rubber pants. That would allow me to go for about a week between loads.

If the diapers are say $30 a piece and the plastic/rubber pants are say $20 a piece. (That is about what I paid ten years ago) That would be an expensive initial investment of over six or seven hundred dollars.

Well 700 dollars would buy me about 400 disposable diapers. That would probably last just over a year. So, how long do cloth diapers last? Would they still be in good shape after using them for over a year and washing them every week?

I keep coming back to the fact that I believe for the price disposables are the only way to go.