Home made dinner

Come in and introduce yourself to our group. I want you to feel comfortable and hopefully make this your group as well, Welcome!
pinkluvs

Home made dinner

Post by pinkluvs »

Hey all,

I'm excited. I just made my home made corn bread and home made chili. I haven't done this in years. I feel great! I used to love this combo when I was a kid when my Mom made it. I'm going for the corn chowder recipe next. Ahhh...comfort food.

I wish I could invite you all for dinner. :)
Love to you!

--Pinkluvs
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
dommymommylexus

Yummm

Post by dommymommylexus »

I must say that I love chilli and cornbread! One of my favs. My father is from the south so that is something that was on the menu on a regular basis! Enjoy :)
pinkluvs

From the South indeed!

Post by pinkluvs »

Yep MommyLexus, this is Southern-Style comfort food. I had a roomie many years ago from Missouri, and corn bread and chili was part of growing up for him as well. He made a mean, and I do mean "mean" chili. That stuff was HOT!!!!

It was good though :D
MommyShirley

Post by MommyShirley »

I'm glad your corn bread and chili turned out good. I've made a few pots of chili since last fall. Now I am doing some grilling out.
PhoneMomSue

Post by PhoneMomSue »

Mmmmm, sounds scrumptious! How did the corn chowder turn out?
If I forgot to kiss you its definitely a bad day!
Cum play with me.

Mom Sue
Nanny Rachel

Good for You

Post by Nanny Rachel »

Pinkluvs glad to hear that your doing something that brings back memories of your growing up days...sometimes we all get to busy to remember when....so enjoy and keep on cooking...Rachel.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I'm impressed.

My "homemade" dinners consist of what comes out of a box in the freezer and goes into the microwave. :o

Maybe I need to get inspired and find that cookbook somewhere around here ... then again, there sure are a lot of nice places to eat in the area! And it's a lot more fun to go out to eat diapered than to sit at home and eat.
and I hate to think of all the fun I would have missed if I actually had stopped wetting the bed - like hanging out at fun sites like this one!
pinkluvs

Wow! The corn chowder

Post by pinkluvs »

Oh my. That just came out EXCELLENT! Just enough spices to make it interesting, not painful to eat.

I have heard that folks from New England don't like "painful" food, and I went with an old recipe. Outstanding! I couldn't get enough along with some 'brown bread". It's almost like ginger bread. It has raisins and all, but much more subtle. A little butter on it, and WOW!

I know what I'm having for dinner more often. And yes, the brown bread I made myself.

Mmmmm :)
pinkluvs

Hey Craig

Post by pinkluvs »

That sounds kinda lonely. You need to treat yourself, and cooking something up in the kitchen sure works well for me :)

Go and get a good cookbook, check out recipes online, make something really special for yourself. You deserve it. I'm not kidding.

Soul food is just that. It's good for the soul. It sure makes you feel better.

I know a great Texas-style rib joint in my neck of the woods. If I don't want to cook, then away we go! Awesome eats.

My mom told me that when she lived in Hawaii, that they say "da grinds so good, dey break da mouth". It's true. Make da good grinds brudda. You'll be a happy man. :)