Your Thoughts, Spoiled or Not?

This is where you can ask your friends and board neighbors anything you want. It don't have to be about the AB/DL world. It can be about ANYTHING! Unload your questions here!
MommieSara

Your Thoughts, Spoiled or Not?

Post by MommieSara »

So I just posted a blog on being Spoiled and I would love to hear your thoughts.
Below is the link, if you would like to share your ideas please do!
http://www.madisonsmommys.com/2011/06/07/spoiled-rotten
pinkluvs

A quiet little guy

Post by pinkluvs »

My mom told me that I was always a very quiet little guy. She found it necessary to check on me often because of this. I was just either asleep, or just having fun in my crib. I remember the complete cast of Winnie the Poo stuffed animals I had way back then. My best friend was, and still is, Eeyore. (I still have my Eeyore). He always seemed so sad, and I wanted to comfort him.
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

That is very sweet Pinkluvs, I think many of us feel that way about Eeyore.

I can imagine that the character may have purposely been created to heighten a child’s sense of empathy.

I recall feeling compassion for him also, as well as Daffy. I was never much a Bugs or Tweety fan. They just seemed to be too.... hmm.... what is the word I'm looking for?

But anyways, I do think they are why I always root for the bad guy in movies LOL.
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
MommyMaggy

Post by MommyMaggy »

I think it's a fine line - newborns have to be picked up, but as a child gets older, a child needs to learn certain things, as painful as it is for us to listen to them cry. One of those things is how to roll over and go back to sleep. Some people just can't do it, and i think it is because they never had to learn as a baby.

Of course there is the other side of the coin where a child needs to feel secure and loved so they can be confident to venture out as they grow up.

Like I said...a fine line :)
love,

Mommy Maggy
StepSisterMandy
Mommy

Post by StepSisterMandy »

I love to be spoiled! Why I am Daddy's Princess I expect to be spoiled Rotten!
Mandy

Tattletale : motivated by selfish reasons, seeking attention, she may sadistically enjoy the punishment or embarrassment of others, or “telling” may be a convenient way of getting rid of obstacles.
brian

Post by brian »

Think the spoiling sets in during the toddler years too. Sure, sometimes you have to let a baby cry to sleep. Crying is just a form of communication for a baby and not really acting out at that stage I believe. Soon as they're old enough to get out of the crib or bed, and sneak into Mommy & Daddy's bed, you got to set rules about that.