What is the correct way to self-diaper?

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
bobbynaughty1

What is the correct way to self-diaper?

Post by bobbynaughty1 »

I'm still new to this. I wear Bambinos and usually they work really well, but i've had some leaking issues. What is the proper way to fasten them so leaks won't happen? Top tabs to bottom, or left to right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bobbynaughty1
"How many miles to the Fortune Isles? Scarce a one! Fortune smiles, and may she smile upon you!" - Lucian Freud
MommieSara

Post by MommieSara »

In my experience, you want to make sure you are taping straight across evenly, make sure its snug.

If the opening of the thigh is too large try and place the tape at a more diagonally downwards this may help tighten the fit.

Now look at the perforated edge along the leg openings make sure the ruffle is on the outside, this can cause leaking.

Run your finger around the edge of the opening pulling out the ruffle any gap in this area can cause leakage.

I Hope this helps if not I am sure other Mommies might have other tricks to the trade :wink:
Victoriah Nichole Little

Post by Victoriah Nichole Little »

I have found it works best to put the bottom tapes diagonally upwards, and the upper tapes diagonally downwards. Not a huge diagonal angle, just a bit. Once it is taped, bend the tape a bit in the middle and this helps it stay fastened.

If there are leak barriers, make sure they are standing up when you put the diaper on. Make sure all "equipment" is pointed downward into the diaper.

When there are 6 tapes, I do the bottom 2 first, then the top 2, then the middle 2, as it helps pull it tighter when you do the middle last. If just 4 tapes, start with the bottom. Always tape one tape per side at a time, don't do the whole left side and then the whole right side.

If all else fails to avoid leaks (Bambinos really shouldn't leak though...), wear a pair of plastic panties over them.
bobbynaughty1

Post by bobbynaughty1 »

Thank you both, Mommy and Vicky. I've been pulling each side really tight, that helps
I may try starting with the bottom tabs next time.
bobbynaughty1
"How many miles to the Fortune Isles? Scarce a one! Fortune smiles, and may she smile upon you!" - Lucian Freud