A Cute Rant!!

Are you mad or upset and have no one to vent to? Come here, we will listen and give you advice.
YellowDucky

A Cute Rant!!

Post by YellowDucky »

I’m not for sure where to place this little rant in the forum so I will just drop it in where ever I feel it necessary. Please let me preface this little rant by saying I love ALL moms. Mommy’s make the world go round.

Now, how many times have you heard a mommy complain that my “son/daughter keeps taking off their diapers” at nap time or nite nite time? No, duct tape is not the appropriate thing to use. It looks ugly and never should be used. If you want your baby to never ever be able to take his/her diaper off again please use a flat or prefold cloth diaper, folded correctly to fit, fastened with cute diaper pins and pull on or snapped on plastic baby pants. I will GAURNTEE you that baby will NOT be able to take the diaper off. Little hands cannot unfasten a diaper pen….period!

Who in the world invented the snappy? Really?? I will admit it’s probably useful for an infant. But, a little one over the age of a year, NO. While on the changing table with mommy, if she fastened my diaper with a snappy, I would reach down pull it off and throw it at mommy hoping one the claws would hit mommy in the forehead knocking some sense into her. Don’t even get me started about pulling down the middle claw right over my penis and balls. Just thinking about a claw coming through the diaper snagging something sensitive makes me wince with pain. OUCH!!.... Once again, please use some cute diaper pins to fasten the diaper. By the way, I absolutely love the yellow ducky diaper pins. Hence my baby name, “YellowDucky”.

Last, but certainly not least. Who in the world thought it would be cute for a 3 or 4 year old to change their little brothers or sisters’ diapers? It’s not cute, it’s disgusting. I sure would like to see a 3-4 year old trying to fasten a diaper pin. I promise you it ain’t happening. If it were me and I was going to change my little sisters diaper and mommy handed me diaper pins; I would try and stick her in the butt or better yet shove it up her nose. My mommy could never leave me alone with my sister when she was born. There were many times I tried to kill her by simply sitting on her face or otherwise terrorizing her. So, please no more pictures or videos of this kind of nonsense, period!.

That is all…..
YellowDucky
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

You are so correct about the "Snappy": The most moronic invention on Earth! :x

It was designed for moms who still want to diaper their babies with cloth diapers, but don't want to take the time to learn and master how to use diaper pins.

Here's how it used to work, example circa 1946.

A little girl watches her mother diaper her baby brother. She watches carefully how mom snuggly pulls the wings of the diaper together, holding the cloth firmly between her thumb and forefinger, and then takes a diaper pin, runs it through her hair to "oil up" the diaper pin so it slides better through the thick diaper (My mom used to do that all the time.) and then carefully pushes the pin through the diaper with out sticking the baby. :wink:

Later, in 1951, the teen girl starts babysitting, and the baby's mother teaches her again about diapering babies. By now the girl has watched and maybe even diapered babies dozens of times, and she is getting very good at sliding the diaper pin through and not sticking the baby. She is even beginning to take pride in her work, showing off the snuggly diapered baby to his mother: "Look Mrs. Olson, his pants are nice and snug." The baby's mother inspects the diapering. Indeed, the pants are nice and snug, and with plastic baby panties covering the diaper, there should not be any leaks, even with a "blowout" poopy diaper. This teenager is going to make a wonderful mommy some day.

By 1959, she is having children of her own, and by now she can snuggly diaper a baby without sticking them, and that diaper is NOT coming off until the mother changes the pants again. The toddler can stumble and fumble all he wants to: the snuggly fitted, tightly pinned cloth diaper and rubber pants are staying on the baby until mommy changes him again. :D

That's how it USED to be done OLD SCHOOL. :lol:

Nice rant YellowDucky. 8)

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
YellowDucky

Post by YellowDucky »

You are so RIGHT ON, Little Stinky Britches! Thanks...
MommyJackie13

Re: A Cute Rant!!

Post by MommyJackie13 »

That was most definitely a cute rant, Ducky! It's sad that properly folding, fitting, and pinning cloth diapers is becoming a lost art but myself and the other mommies are doing our best to keep it alive ;)
MommyTammy3

Re: A Cute Rant!!

Post by MommyTammy3 »

Poor baby! There are still some mommies who know how to fasten a cloth diaper with a proper diaper pin. And, I agree, no three- or four-year-old should be changing diapers.