Any fans of Battlestar Galactica?

This is where you can ask your friends and board neighbors anything you want. It don't have to be about the AB/DL world. It can be about ANYTHING! Unload your questions here!
Marty's Mommy

Any fans of Battlestar Galactica?

Post by Marty's Mommy »

I am a HUGE FAN of this TV show, however, I never watched it on TV. (I don't own a TV or watch TV)

I got into this show through the DVDs they released, now I'm collecting every season and this show really blows me away. The intence acting, the writing, storylines, etc. are all top notch.

Any other fans that are mommies or babies?
A Mother's Dictionary,
THE TWO MINUTE WARNING:
When your baby's face turns red,
and he makes those familiar grunting noises.
pinkluvs

The 1970s and early 80s

Post by pinkluvs »

I used to watch the 70s-80s version way back, and I loved it!

I was, and still am, a science fiction fan. I remember I would not miss an episode back then.

Mind your diapers and plastic pants! :D
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
Marty's Mommy

Post by Marty's Mommy »

I'm not sure you would like the new one if you were a fan of the old one. Like you, I also watched the old version in the 1970s, but I never really liked it as much as I liked Star Trek. However, with this newer version, I reversed myself and now I like Battlestar Galactica beter then star trek.

For me, this new version is much better then the old, and better then any Star trek I ever seen. The acting is so real, so true to life, but in a sci-fi setting.

Check out the new one, and tell me what you think. 8)
A Mother's Dictionary,
THE TWO MINUTE WARNING:
When your baby's face turns red,
and he makes those familiar grunting noises.
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Haven't seen an ep of it yet, but my girlfriend LOVES the show. :) Funny thing, though...with her not being up here with me, she doesn't get the opportunity to attend the sci-fi conventions I do, so, being the kinda guy I am, I get autographs for her from the BSG [and other] actors that appear. :) I've met quite a few of 'em, actually, despite never actually having seen anything relating to the series. :lol:

We've also got another convention coming up here next month with a few more BSG actors. :lol: Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised that if, come one day, I end up meeting the whole cast...and I still have no idea what they do on TV. :D
babybrendan

Post by babybrendan »

i can say i am a fan of both versions. the '70's one is where i fell in love with it. and the reincarnation took me a little bit. but i never missed an episode. Even the prequel is good in its own way
Life Moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look at it. You just might miss it.
- Ferris Bueller
MommyGina

Post by MommyGina »

Ok, I admit it, I'm a sci-fi freak! I love both versions, but I think they were trying too much to be cryptic with the new series (following the now popular trend, like Lost and Heroes). But the new has much more depth to it then the old. In either case, I enjoy watching both series.

Gina