Remember Diapers hanging on Clotheslines?

Have a question? Wanna ask a mommy? Now you can!
Little Stinky Britches

Remember Diapers hanging on Clotheslines?

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

When I was growing up in Phoenix, AZ. in the 1960s, it semed like everyone's backyard Clotheslines were full of freshly washed diapers drying in the Arizona sun. :D

A lot of moms in our neighborhood were Mormon (LDS Church) and many of them had anywhere from 4 to 8 kids, with some families having 3 kids in diapers at the same time. 8)

I loved seeing and smelling all those fluffy diapers hanging on clotheslines, along with pairs of plastic baby pants and assorted baby outfits. There is something about freshly washed diapers on a clothesline that always makes me smile. :D

The look, the smell, of diapers swaying in the afternoon breeze. :D

Anyone else feel the way I do? :wink:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
PhoneMomSue

Post by PhoneMomSue »

I still see them now and then, there are a bunch of eco-friendly moms in my neighborhood that only use cloth diapers.

Sue
If I forgot to kiss you its definitely a bad day!
Cum play with me.

Mom Sue
Nanny Rachel

Oh I do remember

Post by Nanny Rachel »

Wow I do remember when you could not drive by a house without seeing the diapers out...especially on a nice spring day...wow does that bring back memories...not too many use cloth anymore..probable with all the extra care that needs to be given to them and we just want to rush them into the trash can...Rachel...thanks for the memory.. :D
TheSitterStacie

Post by TheSitterStacie »

I do not remember this. And to tell you the truth where I live I never see clothes hanging on a line any where.

Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
mommystella

Post by mommystella »

Growing up we all had clothes lines and I remember hanging clothes with my mom. I would hand the wood pins to my mom and she would pin them to line....this is a great memory :)
My Blog

Uh oh....bad baby!
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Thank you, I'm glad we share some great memories of the "good old days". :wink:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
Candy

Post by Candy »

I LOVE the smell of fresh linen being hung in the breez. As a kid we lived in a duplex and yes we had clothes lines in the back. I even remember the bag we kept the clothes pins in...wow that takes me back and makes me feel old...lol
XOXO~ Candy Kisses