Burping

Have a question? Wanna ask a mommy? Now you can!
mommytk

Burping

Post by mommytk »

Do you have a favorite burping method (patting the back, rubbing the tummy, bouncing on the knee, etc)? Any real life burping stories you want to share?

One time my little drank a whole bottle of milk. He got the hiccups and told me that his tummy hurt. I could hear the air bubbles rumbling in his tummy. I tried patting his back but it didn't work. So I gently massaged his tummy, making sure to press down a little with my fingertips. I could feel the bubbles inside him. All of a sudden, he let out a very loud burp and his tummy ache went away.
Dommy Scarlet

Re: Burping

Post by Dommy Scarlet »

Patting my baby on his back after a long feeding from Mommy's breasts always makes him burp up all that trapped gas. Over the shoulder is how Mommy likes to situate her baby so that I can put my full palm of my hand into getting him to release that burp.
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

I like over the knees the best. It seems to get all of those pesky air bubbles out better than anything other position!
Dommy Scarlet

Post by Dommy Scarlet »

I agree with that method that you use as well Tawny, for your abdl babies as that position really gets out those deeply trapped burps.