My friend was RAPED this weekend!

Are you mad or upset and have no one to vent to? Come here, we will listen and give you advice.
babymarty

My friend was RAPED this weekend!

Post by babymarty »

I have had it with this sick, fucking city! :twisted: (The city of Phoenix, Arizona.)

This past weekend, a friend of mine, 45 year-old mother of 3, who rebuilds and sells computers in her spare time, was lured to a vacant house in a nice neighborhood, on the pretext of buying one of her re-built computers, and brutaly beaten and raped for 2 HOURS!!! :twisted:

She was delivering the computer to a guy who had answered her classified ad for a laptop computer. She didn't know the house was vacant, untill she rang the doorbell, and a guy in a ski mask, with a knife, answered the door, pulled her inside, and for the next 2 hours, beat her and raped her over and over and over again, then he stole her purse, and her car, leaving her tied up and gaged in an empty closet. She was found a few hours later (thank God!) by a cleaning lady, who had come to clean the house. (This was Friday)

Today, Tuesday, they arrested this piece of shit, and get this....... he lives next door to the vacant house!!!!!

Police got his number from her cell phone, and when he ditched her car on the other side of town, a cab driver remember him, and that he tried to pay for his cab fare with her stolen credit card!!! And when the cab driver wouldn't accept a woman's credit card from a man, this guy tells the cab driver, "Hey, I got a laptop computer, how about accepting that as payment for a ride home?" The cab driver said NO, NO,NO, so this guy say's, "OK, I'm broke, here's my driver lic., you can hold until I get some money."

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT ??????? :twisted:

Needless to say, this cab driver's testomony, long with his phone number on her cell phone, along with a neighbor who saw him driving away in her stolen car, it is a slam dunk case.

My friend however, is complety broken down, she will never be the same, and this fucking crockroach, took a part of her soul. :twisted:

Today, on the news when they arrested him and brought him before the judge for a bond hearing, I could see what a monster this guy is. :evil:

He is well over 6 ft, a very big guy, and with a knife in his hand, my friend had no chance against him. :cry:

The news report showed a video of the proscuter telling the judge, that when police showed a photo of him to my friend, she fainted right there at the police station. (She had seen his face durring the attack, when she fought for her life, and manged to tear the ski mask off of his face just before her raped her.)

And are you ready for this? I couldn't believe this shit! Right there, on TV, he's standing before the judge, and the judge asks him if he has any money for a lawyer, and the guy (this piece of dog-shit) starts crying, telling the judge that his parents are broke, and he can't afford a lawyer. (He's 33, and living at home.) Can you believe this shit???? :twisted:

Oh, and the judge said, NO BOND, so he's not getting out anytime soon. (Thank God!)

I am really upset by all this! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

She is the sweetiest, most kindest person you could ever meet, and she is brutaly attacked!! :twisted:

AND THIS IS NOT AN "ISOLATED" INCIDENT !!!! :twisted:

A few weeks ago, my manger's brother and 2 other young men, were shot to death outside a busy nightclub, by a gang member, in front of 200 people, and nobody even gets a lic. plate number, as this gang-banger gets back into his car and calmly drives off after killing 3 men.

(Phoenix police told my manger that her brother's murder is a "low proirtory" because the police consider it, "gang related". :twisted: )

Her brother, and his two friends are dead, and their killers will probably never be caught. (67% of ALL homocides in Phoenix are UN-SOLVED.)

Last summer, I came home to find heavly-armed Phoenix Police SWAT members pouring into my back yard, with a police helicoptor hovering over head.

The reason?

2 men, both gang members from Mexico, had shot a Scottsdale undercover police officer durring a botched drug deal, and had led police on a high-speed chase into Phoenix, and into MY BACK YARD where they attempted to hide from the police, after ditching their car. (Which was stolen!)

A little over a year ago, I was walking to the bus stop at 6am, when I came upon a Phoenix Police CSI unit and a dead body, THREE HOUSES DOWN FROM MINE!!!!!! :twisted:

The police told me that the victim had been beaten to death with a baseball bat durring the night. (Suspects unknown, and will probably never be caught.)

Also last Summer, 2 teenagers working in a Subway sandwitch shop, right around the couner from MY HOUSE, next to a Starbucks, were kidnapped by sereial killer Mark Godough, who then shot these kids to death a few blocks away, just for kicks. :twisted:

(Police have charged him with 8 murders, and 35 sexual assults, which come after the fact that he was only out of prison for a year before he started his murder/rape rampage. He had served 15 years in prison for raping and stabing a woman, after her had poured draino down her mouth. At his perole hearing, he promised that he would be a good boy if they just let him out of prison. Well, I guess he broke his promise. :twisted: )

And I haven't mentioned the endless times I have been woke up from a sound sleep by loud gunshots. BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.

Gunshots, that sound way too close for comfort. :twisted:

And the fact, that EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE I know, has either......

(A) Had their car broken into, or.....

(B) Had their house broken into. :twisted:

AND I DO NOT LIVE IN THE GETTHO !!!! :twisted:

Let me repete that, I live in a MIDDLE-CLASS "NICE" neighborhood. I do not live in the slums of Phoenix, and neither do any of my friends, including my friend who was raped this weekend. In fact, she lives in Mesa, which is even nicer then my middle-class neighborhood.

No, the problem is this sick, fucked-up city called Phoenix!! :twisted:

Over 100,000 people move to Phoenix every year, and a whole lot of them are sickos, creeps, gang-members, rapests, murders, and run of the mill wack-jobs. :twisted:

The metro area is now over 4 1/2 million people, Phoenix is now the FIFTH LARGEST CITY IN THE U.S. :twisted:

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I HAVE FUCKING HAD IT WITH THIS FUCKED-UP CITY!!!!!! :twisted:

With the rape and beating of my friend this weekend, I have made a desicion I have been wanting make for a long time: I AM MOVING, and I am not coming back. :twisted:

Sorry for this rant, I just had to purge this shit inside me. I didn't know what else to do, but come here and post. Thanks for reading it. :twisted:
Last edited by babymarty on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

That is terrible baby Marty. Your friend is in my thoughts. I feel horrible for anyone to go through something like that. The bad thing is these people that hurt others in unimagenable ways rarely get what they deserve.
You don't need to be sorry for your rant. You have every reason to feel the way that you do. I think you are making a good decision about moving. It's a shame that it is getting bad in cities that were once small nice places to raise a family.
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you Scarlet for your kind words. :D

Since this has happened to my friend, it has been all I can think about.

When I talked to her Monday night, and she started crying, I cried too. :cry:

Like a small rock that is dropped into a pond, where the waves circle out untill they reach the shore, this one violent act, spreads out and touches everyone in her life.

One monster, acting on his own sick, violent impluses, impacts everyone she knows, as the evil effects of this one act spread out like a circle in pond water, not stopping untill the entire pond is disturbed and upset.

Yes, once the rock drops to the bottom of the pond and settles, the wave circles subside, and the pond is calm and peaceful again.

That is, untill the next rock is droped into it. :(

Again, thank you for your kind thoughts Scarlet. :D
TheSitterStacie

Post by TheSitterStacie »

This is a subject I know way too much about unfortunately. I too will keep your dear friend in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope that she has a good support system around her, and if not, then perhaps she should look into a support group or getting some counseling. Which, since this is so new a raw she might not want to do, all those feelings of anger and embarrassment come to the surface and it becomes a secret shame.

Being there for her the way you are is a wonderful thing, and yes crying with her as she tells you about what happened is one of the best things you can do. I know you can't tell her you know how she feels, because nobody knows that except for her. Even others who have been through that pain and hurt can't due to it's intimate nature. She is lucky to have a friend like you.

And believe it or not, it does get better. The pain subsides for most and the fear goes away to a certain extent, but she will never be the same which is sad. Make sure she knows that it is not her fault, it never is, she did nothing wrong. I wish I could give her a hug and take all the pain away for her. It's a burden I would gladly bear for her.

Be well marty, and stay strong for her, she will need that.

All My Love,
Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you so much Stacie!

Your words and prayers mean a lot!

Yes, she does have a good support systen. She is a married, 45 year old mother of 3, who is a "Mormon", that is, she is a member of the LDS church. (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.)

Like any "typical" mormon family and church, they all pull together in a time of pain. My friend is in a better postion with this support system to get through this, no matter how long it takes.

Again, thank you so much Stacie!
Nurse Betty

tragic

Post by Nurse Betty »

I too have been thru similar events.The last time was back in 2003 ;when I was attacked and robbed, by two thugs; that were waiting in front of my apartment door, one night, when I returned home from work. It took away the sense of freedom I felt I had. The hardest aspect of going thru rapes and attacks for me has been the response from supposed friends. Because only a short time after the fact, I was repeatedly told or treated as if I was supposed "to get over it and move on". As you well know from dealing with your friends tragedy; the pain and sufferring never end. The last thing a victim needs is to feel they can't share their pain or talk about what they are/have been going thru.She is so blessed to have a true friend like you, who is supportive unconditionally. Its sad that not every victim has that love and support. My own family never even came by to see if I was okay afterwards. They claimed they were too afraid of the neighborhood,with every thing that had happened. The biggest irony of it all; was with all my extremely nosy neighbors in the 4 family flat that I lived in, nobody came out to help me ;when I was being beaten and dragged across my front yard, and screaming for dear life. But they sure would be outside for any other nosy reason. Well, what can I say! The world is a fucked up place. And again if u find someone caring like u..its a rarity. So, bless you and my heart goes out to your friend.
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you so much Nurse Betty! :D

And I am so sorry that you were attacked by thugs. :cry:

No, the pain and suffering really never ends. :cry:

And you are sooooooo right about people telling other people who have been assulted to "get over it."

Way too many people do this I believe, because they are living in a society that doesn't want to treat anything in a serious manor, and they don't want anything to interfere with their "postive" view of things.

I have heard this crap a million times, "get over it", "stay postive", "get a better attude". :x

A few years back, when I was going to Ohio University, a elderly survivor of the Nazi death camps came to give a lecture in our history class, and this guy showed us his tatooed arm (that the nazis gave all Jews in the camps) and told us of their horrors.

And are you ready for this? Sevral students, (university students) told him, quote, "You should get over your hate of the Nazis, that was a long time ago." and, "You sound really negative, you should try to be more postive," and, Can you really judge all Nazis by what a few of them did to you and your family?"

So yes, I have heard this "get over it" crap one too many times. :evil:

Again, thank you Nurse Betty, your words mean a lot! :D
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Any updates to this Marty? Is your friend starting to feel better? Also have you started looking for a new place to move? Just keep being there for her,she needs her friends the most now.
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thanks for asking Scarlet. :D

Yes, I guess she's doing as well as can be hoped for, she's back to work, and is able to talk a little before breaking down and sobbing, which I guess could be called "progress".

Her main concern seems to be keeping it as quiet as possable. I talked to her a few nights ago, and because she refuses to watch or read the news, she kept asking me over and over again, "Did they say my name? Did they print my address?" I keep having to reassure her that NO, it is against the law for the media to mention a rape victim by name, or say where they live. The case has been covered A LOT here in Phoenix, but at no time has either the TV news, or the major mewspapers identified her by name. Like I said, it is against the law.

I asked her about her church being supportive, and she told me that they don't know about it, and she doesn't want to tell them. :(

All of which, I understand. :(

As for me, I havn't decided yet where to move, Portland, Seattle, and Salt Like City, are the frontrunners, and I'm even thinking about moving back to Minneapolis. My only thing, is where ever I go, it has to have a much lower crime rate, and a cooler climate. :wink:

Of course, I would LOVE to live in a small town with NO CRIME, but there are NO JOBS in a small town either, so for now, "Mayberry" is off the list. :(
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

I understand how she feels. It's just bad that she cannot get support from her church. I hope she doesn't feel she did anything wrong. That is a cycle a lot of victims go through.
As for Mayberry. Yes no work maybe. Perhaps a place on the outskirts?
babycole

Re: My friend was RAPED this weekend!

Post by babycole »

babymarty wrote:I have had it with this sick, fucking city! :twisted: (The city of Phoenix, Arizona.)

This past weekend, a friend of mine, 45 year-old mother of 3, who rebuilds and sells computers in her spare time, was lured to a vacant house in a nice neighborhood, on the pretext of buying one of her re-built computers, and brutaly beaten and raped for 2 HOURS!!!...
When I read this, i felt shame. Not because of something I did. But because we all call ourselves human beings, and we are all equal. So, what gives this guy the right? What gives him the right to think it's okay to just go ahead and do something like this? I am ashamed, not because of who I am, but because I am human too, and as that, am associated with this immoral behavior. But on the other side, decide not to make such horrible acts part of my being.

Why do we live in such a cruel and temptuous world? I believe that we are all used to it now. thats the really sad part. No one is willing to stand up for whats right anymore.

Church is not something to be afraid of, its a place where you can find acceptance, not anything but. That, to me, being a christian, is horrible. It just makes me sad.

Who am I, as just one person, to stand up. What can I do? If, my words, were as they are, my dreams... they are under me. And me, as under you, tread on my dreams. So tread lightly, because you tread on my dreams.
And what are my dreams...?
They are harmony...

So, if you want to stop hate - turn the other cheek, humble yourself and love... even if they dont.

and if you want to stop crime - pull the strings a little more and stop being so selfish... coach a baseball team or mentor a little girl that has had it hard.

and if you want to stop racism - stop using the "n" word and act more like everyone else. If you keep thinking "I'm black, I'm different - poor me, i need reparations" - no... the only difference is that you have a soul that has different qualities. You being black to me being white is no different than me having a pimple on my right cheek and my brother not going through puberty yet

and if you want to know the secret to life - all you have to do is look deep inside yourself because everyone's secret is different. Mine is that I have something to say to the world, and I wont stop here. I will preach to the world until my dying breath.

This is a new world, starting today, I have to say that I like who I am now, I like where I've been and what I am going to do.

My prayers go to your friend. This world is... there is something very wrong with it. So, I urge you... no, I beg of you. Everyone who reads this, know that you are loved by me and my God. And if you dont, e-mail me... we can talk.

and so we go...
Kamon
TheSitterStacie

Post by TheSitterStacie »

Very nicely put. *gives you a big hug*

Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Wonderful post babycole.It's so good to see you over here again sweetie.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

I just got accepted into forum, so I am just now reading this horrific story. Unfortunately, many of us women have suffered some kind of sexual. Not to mention the MANY children who suffer it EVERYDAY. And they keep letting these bastards out to do it again! Baby Marty my thoughts and best wishes are with your friend. And Baby Cole you must remember, looking back in history, most changes came about through 1 person or small groups pf ppl. We must NEVER give up, lest we fall down in shame and die away.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
babybrendan

Post by babybrendan »

my prayers go out to your friend.
i know the feeling all too well of when someone as personal as your dignity is taking away from you. About 5 yrs ago. i was beaten and robbed, right outside my own house, by a kid half my age. he took my sense of freedom away from me. and even now, i still feel the loss of trust . My older brother and I did catch him 4 days later. But it still a hurtful experience to go through. i'll keep you and her in my thoughts
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you for your thoughts. :D

It's hard to believe that it was over 6 months ago when this happened, I need to check in with her to find out when his trial is coming up. I work downtown, so I may be able to attend some court procedings.

As you know from your own experence of being beaten and robbed by some punk, for those of us who live in big, or medum sized cities, CRIME IS THE #1 ISSUE of our lives. :x

Maybe that's why I hate elections, and I don't vote: because all the people running for office think everying is OK, and keep telling us that "crime is going down" and that we are "safer" then before.

Bullshit! :evil:

For those of us who hear that famuliar sound of "Bang, bang, bang!" right ouside our windows every other night, or have to deal with all the "gangstas" and thugs that hang out on every block in the city, those words ring false. :x

Thanks again for your thoughts. :)
Mom Gina

Awww

Post by Mom Gina »

Baby Marty ,

I am so sorry to hear that . this world is so mean and cruel . I hope all your love and care will ease things for her some to help her get through all this . My preyers and thoughts are with you and your friend Marty.

Mommy Gina
~*~ Soccer Mom Gina ~*~

http://www.freewebs.com/ginamadison/index.htm

~*~ 1-888-430-2010 ~*~
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you so much Mommy Gina!

That's really means a lot to me. Thank you!
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Just wondering how your friend is doing Marty. I wish her all the best and I hope they put that sicko away.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Little Stinky Britches

Update on my friend

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Just to let everyone know, my friend who was raped is doing better. The first of the year she started back to work, but being off for so long she is really behind in her bills.

(Thank goodness she has a husband with a good job, and her church, the mormon church, LDS, came to her aid as well. :D )

As for the scumbag that raped her..... :evil:

He took a plea deal that netted him 30 years with no early release. He's in his late 20's/early 30's so he should be well into his 60's when he get out. Of course, that's IF he ever makes it out. :wink:

Thank you all again for your interest and support in my friend's ordeal. :D

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.