what a nightmare this morning has been

Are you mad or upset and have no one to vent to? Come here, we will listen and give you advice.
babybrendan

what a nightmare this morning has been

Post by babybrendan »

Well today has started out crappy. I was just about to goto bed around 3:50 a.m. E.S.T., when my 11 mnth old puppy, who was sitting on the stair for like 10 - 15 mins., comes running , or rather sliding into our room(we share it). At first i figured it was just the terrier in him acting up again. Then i noticed the splash he made when he stopped. I jumped off my bed and thens when i was hit with the disaster. I had a flood in the basement. Apparently the Hot Water hose on my washer came off and water was gushing out all over the floor. All of the clothing that was by the washer was soaked , as well as having 2 3 inches or more of water
EVerywhere. My room got flloded bad. all my old wrestling mags that i'd been saving are going to have to be tossed cause they got soaked. my work shoes and my good sneakers are soaked. I've emptied about b/w 60 - 80 gallons of water so far.( i have a 16 gallon wet dry vacum. Now i'm waiting for the plumber to come over and reatach(sp?) the hose and help suck up whats left of the water. :x :x :x
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Wow that really sucks. I am so sorry to hear that. I had that same thing happen to me several years ago in a townhouse I was renting. The carpet was soaked and the landlord hired some doofus to replace it. He pulled up the carpet and left the wet padding underneath so the carpet and everything mildewed. The landlord didn't want to pay to fix it again. So I broke my lease and moved out. The lanlord threatened to sue me for the rest of the lease. So I had my lawyer friend call him and tell him we were going to counter sue for all the damage to my furniture and for not putting me up in a hotel while the damage was being repaired cause that WAS in the lease and he refused to do it. So anyways, just thought I'd share. I totally know how you feel and I'm sorry that happened to you.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Mom Gina

awww

Post by Mom Gina »

I am so sorry to hear that , i hate floods my self and would love for people to develpe ways that would make it so that wouldnt happen to a simple hose.
~*~ Soccer Mom Gina ~*~

http://www.freewebs.com/ginamadison/index.htm

~*~ 1-888-430-2010 ~*~
MommyShirley

Post by MommyShirley »

You poor thing I hope you are doing better now
Candy

Post by Candy »

Sorry to hear that Brendan, I hope your basement is drying out, or has been dried out for a couple of days now. I hate when things like that happen, I hope all is well for you and yours now though.

Candy
XOXO~ Candy Kisses