The Baby..

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

The Baby..

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

Rach brought my attention to this movie a few months ago and I finally saw it. It's called http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1001492-baby/.If you all have seen it what do you think? If you have not, go see it so you can tell me what you think. :lol:
wannabe_baby

Post by wannabe_baby »

Oddly enough, I have seen this. This is one of those films that I think a lot of people in the AB/DL community have heard of but very few have seen.

To some people, it might be the perfect example of an indie b-movie drama but I found it surprisingly good. It's actually one of very few films I've seen from that era. However, I don't think abies should start watching the movie expecting it to fulfil all their interests or get any real mainstream coverage for infantilism; it's really a straight-laced drama and supposedly a horror too, but I never found it to be any such thing.

The actor who plays "Baby" is almost too good. He's too convincing, really. The idea is that he plays the son of a man-hating mother (supposedly - although this is said, it's only skimmed over) who has been intentionally kept at infancy. The result is that "Baby" appears to be mentally disabled, possibly a reason why abies will dislike it; the allusion to a fully-grown adult who acts like an infant being disabled is hardly flattering.

It's not bad, like I say, as long as it's viewed on its own merits rather than as an AB/DL cult movie. It all becomes a bit odd in the last twenty minutes though.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Good reply wannabe baby. I liked it. When I rented it, it was lin under horror. I thought it was more of a drama.
babybrendan

Post by babybrendan »

i saw the movie too. It wasn't bad. a typical 70's movie though. . I wish there wasn't that much abuse of baby and he had more of a loving family.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

I have heard of this movie and I want to see it. One of my callers told me about it and I am very intrigued.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

They have it at Netflix Josie. Baby Brendan, maybe they should make a remake, with a move loving family in it?
babybrendan

Post by babybrendan »

I'd star in it.
i did like the 1 sister that was kind of nice to the baby. she was cute too.
Lacy
Mommy

Post by Lacy »

I've never heard of this movie. I am going to have to watch it. Someone told me I would not want to see it. That it is disturbing. But I want to see it and form my own opinion.
love, Lacy
BabyGirl_Jessica

Re: The Baby..

Post by BabyGirl_Jessica »

DommyMommyScarlet wrote:Rach brought my attention to this movie a few months ago and I finally saw it. It's called http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1001492-baby/.If you all have seen it what do you think? If you have not, go see it so you can tell me what you think. :lol:
Hewo Mommy,

I actually have this movie on DVD. I liked it myself and it wasn't bad for a low budget film. I just wish they would not have used the soundtrack of a real baby. It made the movie too unbelievable. There was a scene where Baby hits his head as he is running around and falls against the wall. A grown man could not cry with a voice like that. To me that cheapened the quality and made it seem fake.

However, I luved the ending. I don't wanna spoil it in case there are some who haven't seen it yet. But it is a happy ending... for Baby anyway.

I actually wrote a Blog about it at Diaper Space but I was cleaning up my profile page last week and that was one of the blogs that I decided to delete.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Thank you for replying Baby Jessica. Where did you find it to purchase on DVD if I may ask? I was able to rent it from Netflix.
BabyGirl_Jessica

Post by BabyGirl_Jessica »

DommyMommyScarlet wrote:Thank you for replying Baby Jessica. Where did you find it to purchase on DVD if I may ask? I was able to rent it from Netflix.
You can ask me anything you wanna ask mommy. :) I went to Amazon's website. They currently have 7 available from various sellers. If you wann look, the link is at:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Anjanette-Co ... 6305701490

They seem to have gone way up in price though. Amazon offers people the opportunity to sell their stuff sort of like on consignment. So, you are actually buying from individual people like at eBay.

I don't remember what I paid for my copy. But I would not have paid more than about $25 or $30. Now they range in price from $50 to $220.

Jessie
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

BabyGirl_Jessica wrote:

I don't remember what I paid for my copy. But I would not have paid more than about $25 or $30. Now they range in price from $50 to $220.

Jessie
:shock: That is pretty high. I guess I will just have to keep an eye out for them. Thanks Baby Jessica :D
pinkluvs

You can find it on ebay for cheap but...

Post by pinkluvs »

Be careful. There is a seller out there that asks about $8.00, and has been for quite some time. It seems (he/she?) has quite a few copies which would indicate piracy. Very naughty!

I saw the movie as well. I rented it some months back, and it was the same '70s schlock I sort of expected. I didn't care for the sadistic nature of it. I don't like mean people, and this movie portrayed a few.
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Thank you for the warning, I wouldn't want to buy something then find out it is illegal. It's not something I would watch over and over, but would like to have.
naughtyboyutah

Thoughts on the Baby

Post by naughtyboyutah »

To me personally, I would have enjoyed more of a lighthearted, funny movie dealing with adult babies and diaper lovers. To me, it was a bit scary and serious throughout the movie which I don't enjoy. I love movies that are more lighthearted and just fun to watch. That's just me.

Cammie
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

Thanks for posting, I just added it to my Netflix Q cant wait to see it!
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
Candy

Watch it for free

Post by Candy »

I tried to find a free download but so far I cant find anything. I'll post if I find something but I really want to see it now.
XOXO~ Candy Kisses
dommymommylexus

:)

Post by dommymommylexus »

I agree this looks like a fun movie, I am always looking for something with sort of abdl theme and of course they are not easy to find!
StepSisterMandy
Mommy

Post by StepSisterMandy »

No they arent. I watched a few b movies that were pretty cool, one was the Babysitter, Miss Rebecca's client suggested it to her it was creepy LOL
Mandy

Tattletale : motivated by selfish reasons, seeking attention, she may sadistically enjoy the punishment or embarrassment of others, or “telling” may be a convenient way of getting rid of obstacles.
halcyonbaby

Post by halcyonbaby »

To those wishing to see this movie. I HAVE in fact found it on Youtube, and as far as I know it is still there.

For those that don't know, this is not really an AB/DL themed movie. It's actually classified as a horror movie. I doubt they were explicitly thinking of us when they made it back in 1973.

There are a lot of overtones of abuse and possession. It's not 'bad' per se, but I didn't care for it because of the nature of the characters in control, the mother was portrayed as a very callous and almost evil woman.

You can search The Baby 1973 and it should pop up on youtube if you want to see it. If you can't find it, send me a message and I'll link you to it.

*Hugs and smooches*
~Baby B
You can call me Braydin, Bray, B, Baby B, etc.

Babyhood, that's what they were referring to when they talked about our Halcyon Days.