Jenna time!

Here is a place for the mommies to talk and babies to listen in. We say mommies, but sitters,aunts,nannies and grannies also.
Jenna

Jenna time!

Post by Jenna »

It's good for all mommies and sitters to take time out for themselves once in a while. That way we can renew our energy to better care for you little ones :)

I do this by going to yoga every week. I know that means some of you miss me when I'm gone, but I need that time for me to relax and refocus my energies. I miss all of you too when I'm not here.

What do you do to relax and get back your energy from a hectic schedule?

:)
Jenna
xtrepaid

Post by xtrepaid »

You know this, Jenna, but most people on here probably don't. Personally, I refocus through competition--I compete in Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and I'm hoping to get an amateur MMA fight by the end of this school year. Pretty much every night, I'm at my BJJ school for a few hours. I know it's weird to think of relaxing and refocusing by being thrown around, but hey...different strokes.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

I like Yoga,or hiking, Sometimes it is nice to unplug and unwind.Being away from the TV,computer, and phone helps with that. So I will go hiking with a friend or a group of people.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

xtrepaid, I can imagine its a nice endorphin rush for you and makes you feel good all over. I can fully see why you would enjoy it, after all I love playing soccer.

MommyScarlet, ohhh yes being away from the tv, computer & phone does help. And hiking oh very nice indeed. That fresh air is definitely good for you!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Jenna
wannabe_baby

Post by wannabe_baby »

Video games and talking to my friends helps me relax. And Jenna, we all miss you too when you're not here. But yoga clearly helps you look after all the babies. :)
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Aww thank you sweetheart :) That is kind of you to say.

I do my best!

Video games and talking to friends. Most excellent ways to relax indeed.

Thanks for sharing!

Jenna
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

wannabe_baby wrote:Video games and talking to my friends helps me relax. And Jenna, we all miss you too when you're not here. But yoga clearly helps you look after all the babies. :)
What are some of your favorite video games? I need some Holiday ideas. :D
wannabe_baby

Post by wannabe_baby »

DommyMommyScarlet wrote:What are some of your favorite video games? I need some Holiday ideas. :D
Well, it depends who they're for. If you want videogames for adults, Fable 2 is out in a few weeks on X-Box 360 and Fallout 3 is released in December, for the 360 and Playstation 3. If you're looking for something older, I personally love Resident Evil 4 on Playstation 2 (or the Gamecube version or Wii version, whichever) or perhaps Dead Rising on the 360. Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 and Grand Theft Auto 4 are obvious choices too.

But that's enough shooting games. If you're looking for something that's more "all ages", LittleBigPlanet is out on PS3 in a few weeks and, having played it, is great fun. :) Any Final Fantasy game out in the last 15 years will also be a welcome gift (except maybe Final Fantasy 11, which was online-only). They're all on Playstation 1 or 2 but they'll also work on 3 (just in case you didn't know). They might be a bit tough for younger kids to get into though. Perhaps Spore on PC, made by the same guy who made The Sims, so it's a safe bet and definitely aimed at more "casual" gamers. On the sports side of things, I'm not sure what to suggest, but if you have friends who like soccer, take your pick between Fifa 2009 or Pro Evolution Soccer.

Sorry to be so nerdy there, everyone. :oops: Jenna, I hope I haven't gone too off-topic.
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

you arent alone wannabe_baby, im just a big a nerd. gaming is a passion of mine. im even pursuing a career in the gaming industry as a modeler.

anyway, my favorite games are from Valve and Blizzard. which covers action-RPG, strategy, Shooter and adventure. Diablo is my favorite. but as you said, which is very true. there are hundreds of games out there that branch out into so many personal preferences to gameplay. so it really boils down to what kinda of gaming your into, and what gaming platforms you have access to (PC, xbox,PS,Nintendo). so perhaps scartlet you can elaborate as to what your into and what systems you have and both me and wannabe can narrow it down for you. let the nerds do their work,lol.
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

also, i wouldnt worry about being nerdy around jenna, shes one of us. ..trust me. lol. ill let her elabortate on that if she so decides.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

*grins at BabyBlue*

Hehehe you're right, no need to worry about being too geeky or nerdy around me ;)

I have Spore and it's a blast.

I also have The Sims 2 & a lot of its expansions, along with SimCity4 & other sim games.

I am currently playing the retro (aka old!) rpg Baldur's Gate. Loving it!

I have a PS2 and my favorite game on that is Grand Theft Auto (any of them!). lol.

I play Wii Sports whenever I get the chance to.

Mario & Sonic rock my world <3 !

Umm...where were we? Oh yes..relaxing! Who's coming over to play???

*giggles*
Jenna
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

You should be commended for your taste in gaming jenna. Spore is Killer, i have it too. Mario and Sonic are awesome, though i think sonic is kewler. I mean, the name sonic says it all, plus..hes too cool to be a plumber. and he is PIMP when he is super sonic. anyway...the sims is ok, i find that game frustrating for many reasons, sim city is kewl cause, you can destroy pre-made towns with natural disasters.....i know, im evil. and baldurs gate is awesome, all for RPG's. and all GTA's are a blast. and if it were possible, i would love to come over and play video games with you. lol. us nerds need to stick together right?

Dave
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Darn straight we do!

And thanks, if you like all those, you must be pretty cool yourself!

:D
Jenna
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

well, I wasn't going to say anything...but...yea..i really am. im glad you noticed. lol
lindasfroggy

Post by lindasfroggy »

What about us "oldies" who still like the Atari 2600 games! I have a console that plays about 50 of the old favorites. Asteroids, Missile Command, Space Invaders, and who can forget PONG!
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

*flexes uber geek muscles*

Hope you enjoyed!

:P
Jenna
Babyblue26

Post by Babyblue26 »

yet again, your humour and charm doesnt cease to amaze. brilliant.lol
Lexus
Mommy

Post by Lexus »

To take some ME time I like to go have a pedicure or play my PS2 or computer games ;)

Mommy Lexus
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

YAY Mommy Lexus likes games too! What's your favorite?

Thank you babyblue :)

:D
Jenna
wannabe_baby

Post by wannabe_baby »

Yay! I'm surrounded by people as nerdy as me. Loved your collection Jenna and would love to hear Mommy Lexus' too. :)