Babies in the Kitchen

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
StarrLite

Babies in the Kitchen

Post by StarrLite »

Some babies just love to get into the kitchen and attempt to help out. That's why I think it's a great idea to do some kid-friendly recipes for the little ones! What's your favorite kid-friendly recipe? With the holidays coming up, I definitely want to do something with gingerbread. There's a cute recipe for Gingerbread Reindeer at safeway.com/holiday. Just look how cute they are!
There are other kid-friendly recipes such as Sugar Cookie Pops and Wreath Cookies as well :D
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

Those are so cute. So what's the deal with Safeway may I ask? They seem to come up in your posts a lot, which made me curious.
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Those are too cute and I would really love to make some, except I worry that if I made them look like that, I wouldn't want to eat 'em 'cause they look too cute! :lol:
StarrLite

Post by StarrLite »

DommyMommyScarlet, I do work with Safeway, but personally, I think their site is really helpful. With the holidays coming up, I think we all need all the help we can get :)

By the way, there's also a game that lets you build your own gingerbread man. You can also save it and send them to your friends and vote on the cutest gingerbread man hahaha....that requires no eating ;)
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Getting ideas and help this kind of year is good. :D
Marty's Mommy

Post by Marty's Mommy »

Oh Marty loves to play in the Kitchen! :lol:

When I'm making dinner he likes to crawl into the kitchen, get out my pots and pans, and make all kinds of noise. :lol:

The other day, he was having such a good time I just let him play and went into the living room. Well, all you heard was, "BANG, BANG, BANG, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK" coming from the kitchen. :lol:

He was so happy! With a wooden spoon in his hand, a bowl on his head, this little guy was having the time of his life just banging away on my pots and pans! Then, after sevral minutes of loud banging, the kitchen got VERY quiet, and I thought that something might be wrong.

Well, when I peeked through the doorway, my pots and pans were all over the floor, and Marty was just sitting there, his little chubby face red as a beet, and the smell of poop hung in the air. :oops:

He was taking a little "potty-break" from playing with my pots and pans. :lol:
A Mother's Dictionary,
THE TWO MINUTE WARNING:
When your baby's face turns red,
and he makes those familiar grunting noises.
BabyGirl_Jessica

Post by BabyGirl_Jessica »

I love to help out in the kitchen. It is always fun when mommy and me can make stuff together. Like in a couple weeks we are going to color Easter eggs. :)
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

BabyGirl_Jessica wrote:Like in a couple weeks we are going to color Easter eggs. :)
It is Easter Egg dying time soon, I can't wait. have any of you made home made play dough?
DaddyPaul

Post by DaddyPaul »

Well I think there is always room in the kitchen for the little ones. They can help the most when the get their hands on the mixing spoon and bowl after making a cake or brownies. A mess to clean up but sure fun to watch them enjoying themselves.
BabyGirl_Jessica

Post by BabyGirl_Jessica »

DaddyPaul wrote:Well I think there is always room in the kitchen for the little ones. They can help the most when the get their hands on the mixing spoon and bowl after making a cake or brownies. A mess to clean up but sure fun to watch them enjoying themselves.
I love to have the cake batter or cookie dough that is left over in a the bowl after we make some goodies. :)
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

I love having babies help me in the kitchen and spanking instruments are all within arms reach!
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
wkoldnewbornbabyboy

Post by wkoldnewbornbabyboy »

i love to be in the kitchen in my newborn carrier while mommy is making dinner or in mommy' newborn sling
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

wkoldnewbornbabyboy wrote:i love to be in the kitchen in my newborn carrier while mommy is making dinner or in mommy' newborn sling
How darling. Being so close to Mommy while she works away. What a cutiepie.
wkoldnewbornbabyboy

Post by wkoldnewbornbabyboy »

that would be me :) a lil cutiepie
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Oh Oh Oh I have many good things to make, that are easy to do! email me and I can send them to you. *giggles* That made a poem!
pinkluvs

Cookware

Post by pinkluvs »

I used to delight in crawling into the cupboards, and taking out all of the pots and pans. My mom didn't really find this particularly amusing though. She didn't mad, all she said was "what AM I going to do with you, you little monkey!" I guess she thought it was cute in a way :)
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
Mommy Star

Curious Little Fingers

Post by Mommy Star »

Nothing is sweeter than baby’s sweet little curious fingers
They leave their mark everywhere. Tiny little fingerprints on my bathroom mirror where baby sits with her feet in the sink and plays while mommy brushes her teeth and baby watches and mimics everything mommy does.
Curious little fingers reaching, holding tight, pointing to teddy its baby’s first language and mommies make believe snack as I put all five in my mouth yum num num baby tastes so yummy.
"Because I'm the Mom and I said so!"
MommyShirley

Post by MommyShirley »

It is good to have kid friendly recipes for all different ages to help with. Sometimes extravagant cooking can be making up new things to put on old favorites.