My first diaper buying experience!

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
ritzcritz

My first diaper buying experience!

Post by ritzcritz »

For a long time now, I had been really wanting to be able to have that disposable diaper scent. I would always go through the diaper isle and inhale the amazing scents of the diapers and wished I could but a pack to have the scent. For anyone who had talked to me in chat, I had asked many of you what you thought were the diapers with the most potent scent and the best smelling scent. Most of you told me either Pampers or Luvs, but most of you told me that Pampers was the best. So today, I finally got the courage to go out and buy a pack. I needed an amount of other things too so I decided to go to the Walmart in my town because I figured I could get everything there for much more cheap, especially the diapers.

The thing is, I wasn't nervous about going to counter to actually buy the diapers, I was just nervous at the slight chance that someone I know might run into me and that I might have a tricky time explaining why I have a pack of disposable diapers in my cart haha (Pampers baby dry to be exact. Finally, I was out of there and once I got home I of course opened the package which let out a heavenly smell. The scent is so amazing and it brought back slight memories even. Even though my intention was to buy them only for their scent, I felt the urge to at least put one on the lining of my boxers. Even know it obviously didn't fit me, the feeling of the padding of the diaper was so amazing to say the least. After a bit I took it off and taped the sides together and it looked amazing adorable and it makes me wish it was big enough for me to actually wear haha. I just felt like I had to share this with everyone because it was something I wanted to do for a long time now. :D
larbear

Post by larbear »

I wanted to let you know you can by that on e-bay, it is called "diaper fresh". It comes in a little bottle like a perfume, and you only need to use a drop or two. It gives me the freedom to use it on any of my diapers.

Larbear
ritzcritz

Post by ritzcritz »

How discreet is their packaging? What does the box look like, how big is it and what does it say on the package?
larbear

Post by larbear »

It has been a while since I ordered any, I do remember that it was in a very small plain box. These bottles are only 1 oz. so they are very small. On e- bay you buying from private sellers so you do not get a lot of advertising on their packaging. As I remember it just came to me through the mail. The bottle says "Diaper Fresh" on it.

Larbear
ritzcritz

Post by ritzcritz »

Thanks! I hate to ask a lot of questions but, is the scent similar to the pampers baby dry or different?
larbear

Post by larbear »

I am not sure what the Pampers Baby Dry scent smells like. This stuff is makes the diaper smell like the Pampers of old back in the 70's through the 90's I have not been around any of the new ones to know for sure if it the same. All I know it is wonderful with just a few drops in a diaper, they even have it where it is a baby powder scented perfume as well, and a old lotion called Baby Magic scent as well. You should just go on e-bay and get a sampler pack.
pinkluvs

Brings back fond memories

Post by pinkluvs »

I remember getting up the nerve to buy Gerber plastic pants, and then, even more scary, was actually buying Pampers when I was in high school back in the 80's. I remember going across town on my bike five miles out of the way to a grocery store early in the morning so there would be hardly anyone there in the store. There usually were a few people though.

I can recall that I would cruise the store back and forth passing "the baby aisle" as I thought of it, and if there was a woman there, I wouldn't go in due to being embarrassed. Sometimes it was unavoidable like when there was a lady stock clerk. I'd get up my resolve, and get my Pampers (they still fit me in high school, but just barely). I'll never forget the smell of fresh disposable diapers, baby powder, baby lotion, and of course the fresh smell of new plastic baby pants.

I can remember being so nervous when I went to the check-out line, and hoped that there would be no one behind me. Sometimes someone would get in in line behind me, and my hands would shake when paying for my purchase.

Fast forward to my early 20's, and I would pad out my purchase with lots of cheap items I didn't need. I recall a checkout girl that gave me the eye after seeing all of this extra stuff, and I tried to tell her that me and my girlfriend needed diapers for "our kid" (no girlfriend, and no kid) for a camping trip. She just smiled a "knowing" smile, and rang up my purchases. I think she knew.

Fast forward more when I became more confident, and I was in the diaper aisle, and I saw this guy dressed in a mechanics uniform. He was in his early 20s as well, and looked really nervous. He had that look that I used to have when I bought baby diapers and plastic pants. Our eyes met briefly, and I could tell. I guess you just get to know somehow.

I just went about my business of buying Pampers, and didn't give him a second look. Poor guy! I knew what he was experiencing.

I have so many more stories like that from when I was younger. It's incredible. You always feel some king of stigma, but many people really didn't care as I found out later.

Sure, once in a while I'd get some snide remark from someone in line, I'd turn three shades of red, but after a while, it just stopped.

I have to put this in my book I figure :)
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Awww, that's so cute!
PhoneMomSue

Post by PhoneMomSue »

I know more then just a few of my babies like to or have taped several pampers together to make one that fits them - might be something to try sweetie :)
If I forgot to kiss you its definitely a bad day!
Cum play with me.

Mom Sue
Miss Cate

Post by Miss Cate »

YAY! HOW EXCITING! GOOD FOR YOU!
Ella
Mommy

Post by Ella »

To all you guys out there, a small word of advice on going to a store to buy diapers - the key is confidence; that it is the most normal thing in the world for you to be buying diapers ( people won't look twice at you buying diapers, but if you are all nervous and looking around a lot like you are doing something wrong, then people take notice).
Heart felt kisses,

Ella