How long does it take to completely get over a cold?

This is where you can ask your friends and board neighbors anything you want. It don't have to be about the AB/DL world. It can be about ANYTHING! Unload your questions here!
Diapers4Ever

How long does it take to completely get over a cold?

Post by Diapers4Ever »

The reason I ask is because, two Thursdays ago, I was dragged to a "friend's" house, even though he was sick with a cold. I'd insisted to my other "friend" that we shouldn't go, but he insisted that we come down, citing, "He's feeling better, what could it hurt?"

I tried my best not to contract the cold from him, but the following day, I began coughing and sneezing.

I've had this cold for over a week (it's gotten better, but I still have a slight cough and the sniffles), and I'm wondering how long it should generally take for me to be 100%.

My "friend" (the one without the cold) claims "I'll never be 100%" and that I'll "have this cold for another three weeks", but I don't really trust his opinion, so I wanted others to weigh in on this subject. :)

I've been taking cough syrup and cold medication, but I'm still not completely better.

Any suggestions or thoughts? :D

Thanks for all of your help, it's truly appreciated. :)
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

If it has been hanging around for that long I would go to the Dr. It might be something an antibiotic can help. I'm sorry you got sick, and I hope that you feel better really soon sweetie.
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Thanks for your kind words and idea, Scarlet. :D It's truly appreciated. :)

I'll keep you all updated on my condition, but, as of today, I'm feeling a lot better. :D Yay!! :)

But if I still have the cough or the sniffles by Monday, I'm gonna make a doctor's appointment. :)

Thanks again! :D
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Just to let everybody know, I'm feeling a lot better today. :D I've still got a small tickle in my throat and a little bit of the sniffles, but I think the worst of it is over. 8)

Yay! :D
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

Glad to hear sweetie :D
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Thanks for your support and advice, Scarlet, and I'd found out that I'd mistaken the date I got the cold. :lol: I thought it was the 19th, but, thinking again, I'd remembered it was the 26th. :D
Dommy Scarlet

Re: How long does it take to completely get over a cold?

Post by Dommy Scarlet »

Sometimes it can take up to a week for your body to fight off a cold, so prevent it before you get it. Eat lots of oranges and take elderberry syrup or elderberry gummies to help strengthen your immune system so you can have a winning fight against it.
NannyBrenda

Post by NannyBrenda »

This largely depends on what you've managed to catch, and your own health. We are currently passing around some cold around like hot potatoes in my house, and some of us got over it in a week, while others are still hacking and gagging two months later. Stay hydrated, and don't sleep with a fan.
I do love to put little naughty babies in their place!
MommyRose

Post by MommyRose »

The duration of a cold can vary depending on the individual's health and what virus they have caught. It is important to stay hydrated and avoid sleeping with a fan, as it may worsen symptoms. Some people may recover from a cold in a week while others may take longer.
SitterStacie

Post by SitterStacie »

It's always interesting to hear about how different factors can affect the duration of a cold. Staying hydrated is definitely important for recovery.
Aunty.Jackie

Post by Aunty.Jackie »

Mmm, the thought of you staying hydrated while battling a cold is so alluring. Your immune system will thank you as you sip on that refreshing water, nourishing your body and speeding up your recovery. Oh, how I wish I could be there to nurse you back to health with loving touches and hot tea.
NannyRachel

Post by NannyRachel »

I can't help but feel a rush of desire as I imagine you sipping on that water, your lips pressed against the cool glass. I want to be the one to take care of you, to make you feel better with my touch and my warm embrace. Let me be your remedy, darling.