Diaper commercials

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
pinkluvs

Diaper commercials

Post by pinkluvs »

I remember being practically mesmerized by diaper commercials on TV. In the early days, they were usually for Pampers while demonstrating how much better Pampers were as opposed to cloth diapers and plastic panties way back in the early 1970s. Then other brands came about like Kimbies, Luvs, Johnson's baby diapers, and then Huggies (the evolution of Kimbies).
It was hard as a kid when I was with a friend watching TV not to notice the commercials. I would try to look uninterested, but I would always watch out of the corner of my eye. :wink:
One time a friend kind of busted me though and asked If I liked watching diaper commercials in a sort of mocking manner. Of coures I stammered a "no", but I'm not sure if he bought it.
Just thought I'd share! :)

pinkluvs
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Yes, I remember those Pamper TV ads in the early 1970's, but they had NO effect on me because they didn't look like "REAL" diapers. :?

No more cloth diapers for mommies to fold? No more Gerber plastic baby pants over the diapers? No more dunking poopy diapers in the toliet? No more washing diapers and drying them on a backyard clothesline? :roll:

No, all those Pampers commercials had no effect on me. They were not "real" diapers in my opinion.

However, you did say something in your post that I can really relate to. :wink:

Although I was never "busted" for having an interest in watching TV ads, I did have an interest in watching something else, and I was always afraid that my mom or someone else would catch on to my being "mesmerized".

We always had A LOT of moms and babies at our house when I was a little boy. Not only did my mom have a lot of friends who had babies, but my mom babysat a lot of infants and toddlers durring the day while their moms worked. Usually, durring one of theses many visits with moms and babies, one of the babies would stop playing, turn red in the face, grunt, toot, and loudly fill their pants in front of all the other moms in the room.

As these moms watched the red-faced baby, I was watching them, paying close attention to their facial experssions, tone of voice, and the way they smiled at the baby. :D

Just like with the Porky Pig cartoon "Baby Bottleneck" we talked about in another post, when I watched these moms smiling at the red-faced, pants-pooping baby, in those few moments, I became the baby. In my mind's eye, they were all smiling and cooing to me, as I helplessly filled my pants in the living room, with every mom watching me. :D

Thankfully, no one ever caught on that I was watching, (i.e. "busted" me)or even suspected that I secretly wanted to be a baby again. :wink:

One interesting thing to note. Although pooping is a natural, normal body function, and babies poop their diapers 2 to 4 times a day, it was never treated as an ordnary, everyday thing.
At my house, when a baby pooped their pants, it was a BIG DEAL, and was treated as something very special, to be celibrated like a birthday, or a special event: something to be singled out for special attention.

Whenever I heard my mom playfully say, "Uh, oh, I think somebody's filling their pants",
every mom in the room stopped talking, and turned their attention to the baby with the bright red face.

No one left the room, no one did anything else except smile at the baby, coo to the baby, talk "baby-talk" to the baby, and talk to each other about what the baby was doing in their pants. There were lot's of giggles, and comments on the reddness of the baby's face, the sound of their grunts, the loudness of their toots, and lot's of comments about the pungent odor that filled the living room.

In short, my mom, and her friends really enjoyed watching babies poop their pants. :lol:

Even if it happened 3 or 4 times in a day, my mom never treated it as "just another poopy diaper." When my mom smelled something, or saw a baby turning red in the face, she always had the same reaction: Smiles, giggles, cooing baby-talk, a wrinkled up nose, and lot's and lot's of playful comments about the pungent aroma, loudness of the grunts, and the reddness of the baby's face. :D

At my house, a poopy diaper was a joyful, playful time for my mom and her friends. :D
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Wow you guys have some really awesome memories of a great childhood. Marty I love hearing stories about your mother. She sounds like a great lady.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
babymarty

Post by babymarty »

Thank you Josie! :D

In all honesty, I DID NOT have a "great childhood". I had an evil stepfather, who was a drunk, hated me, and beat me with a belt every chance he got. Sometimes we didn't have any money, and food was scarce, which is why I have a "thing" about food to this day. At school, in Arizona durring the 1960's, teachers could, and did, slap us, and whack us with wooden paddles, and nobody said anything about it. In fact, our parents approved of such punishments, believing that they instilled, "respect" for teachers.
In many respects, my childhood was full of pain and sorrow. :cry:

However, watching my mom around babies, either after school, or durring summer recess, was a welcome escape. By watching my mom care for babies, cooing to them, diapering them, and being a loving caregiver, I was able to live another life within my own mind. What my mom didn't know, was that when she was "babying" a baby, I was the baby, for those brief moments. :wink:

I will post more about my mom, and my childhood memories, since you enjoy them. And I'm glad that you do. Thank you Josie. :D
pinkluvs

Thanks Josie!

Post by pinkluvs »

I came along in life when diapers and plastic panties were competing with disposables, so I like both.
Twice the fun I say! :D
Except now, the disposables have a horrid "cloth-like" cover, and not plastic. :(
Nothing like the crinkly sound of a good old-fashioned Pampers! :D
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

I think it's so wonderful how you share your memories so vividly. I look forward to reading more posts.
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
pinkluvs

Oh my...

Post by pinkluvs »

Marty,
That really was bad for you in childhood. All I can do is wish the best for you now. I hope now that you have made peace with the past, and that you've moved on.
It's good you got to see some nurturing during the bad times.
I wish nothing but good for you for Christmas.

--pinkluvs