Do you like playpens?

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
larbear

Post by larbear »

I always like my playpen, helps to keep me put of trouble.

Larbear
Crissy

playpens

Post by Crissy »

Ohhh larbear u should come say hi to all of us pretty babelicious mommies
in the chat room we would love to cuddle with you!

kissies
Crissy
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

I love that you brought up the old fashioned playpen Marty. As many of you here know I am a sucker for anything vintage or retro. I have actually been scouring yard sales and even a bit online to find one of these.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

And Josie, I love the fact that you love vintage/retro baby stuff. :D

You would be the perfect 1950s mommy! 8)

I can see you in 1956, wearing a 1950s "mommy dress", those "cats-eyes" glasses that were so popular in the 1950s, holding 2 diaper pins in your mouth (like 1950s moms did) and diapering a baby with soft cloth diapers made by Curity. (The biggest maker of cloth diapers in the 1950s.)

As a side note, a lot of moms in the 1950s loved Curity cloth diapers not just because they were the softest, but also because they were "flat-fold" large diapers that could be folded to fit any baby's bottom. When you brought home a newborn, you could fold a Curity diaper to fit them.

Then, as the baby got bigger, you would fold it another way to fit the bigger baby. I've actually seen big, chubby, 3 year-old toddlers in Curity diapers and they fit perfect.

Also, each mom had their own special way of folding diapers to fit their baby the way they wanted them to fit. When my mother babysat someone's baby, she would always ask the baby's mom, "How do you fold your diapers? Do you double diaper him?" Then the mom would show my mom how they wanted their baby diapered. Talk about diversity! Each baby in the 1950s and 1960s were diapered differently according to their needs and their mother's desires. 8)

By the way, I love your posts Josie!
Keep on posting! :D

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
MommyJosie
Mommy

Post by MommyJosie »

Aww, ty Marty. I love the scene you just painted. I LOVE the old "Donna Reed" dresses and actually have two. I also have a penchant for cigarette skirts and tight sweater tops. And I even do my hair in "liberty rolls" when I wear my vintage stuff. heehee It was just such a great time, even if I didn't actually grow up in that era, I have always felt I should have.

The glasses I also have a pair of really cool glasses with the black "cats eye" frames, heehee. I really do love anything from that era. The cloth diapers and pp's, the diaper pins, all of it. As a matter of fact I just bought a set of ducky diaper pins from Ebay the other day and a little silver baby rattle circa 1950.

That is great about the other moms showing your mom how they fold their diapers. I have thought of that often. Being a child of the 80's, I didn't have much experience with cloth diapers til they started making a come back recently. But now they are all pre-folded. I have some idea how to do a basic fold but have always wanted to learn the different ways of folding a cloth diaper.

And I have always very much enjoyed your posts as well being that we share a love of all things vintage, particularly from the 50's and 60's.
"Out of 2 evils, I always go with the one I haven't tried" ~Mae west
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Nooooo playpen. I have a better idea! I will make a fort! I will open all da cabinet doors in the kitchen and all the drawers to make walls an a roof. And ill hide in there while mommy does what she needs to do. Don't mind me. I'll find stuff to occupy myself with. Couple wooden spoons and a pot can keep me entertained for a whole 10 minutes! Then I'll find something else to do in there. :wink:
You can't keep a good yoyo down.
Crissy

Play fort with Yoyo

Post by Crissy »

Mmmm Yoyo I bet I could find some very fun activities involving thoes wooden spoons Mommy rubs her hands together in quiet evil plotting mode.
Oh yes I have such ideas for a naughty nightie fort with Yoyo

:)
Cant wait for the next session with you
XXXXXXXXX0000000