Lunches as a Kid

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
MommyLauren

Lunches as a Kid

Post by MommyLauren »

What were some of your favorite lunches your mom use to pack you? What kind of lunch box did you have?
Cuddles Mommy Lauren
MommyGina

Post by MommyGina »

Oh wow, let's see... I used to LOVE peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and of course i got the traditional apple. I think its a mandate that all moms put fruit in their kids lunch, LOL. As far as lunch boxes are concerned, i don't recall what I had as a kid, but I do have a cute little collection now - the mystery van, Tweetie, and Betty Boop to name a few.

Gina
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

P and B (the standard for kid's lunches.) :lol:

And I had a Johnny Quest lunch box. :o

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
pinkluvs

The usual which I loved

Post by pinkluvs »

I would often get the P, B, and J (Peanut butter and jelly) sandwich. I would also get some carrot sticks, an apple or an orange, sometimes a banana.
A Jello pudding cup was often included.

I had a Batman, Land of the Giants, a Spiderman, and Star Trek lunch boxes when I was a lad. They all came with a thermos for milk or whatever.

My how I do remember how the lunch box would take on this permanent aroma of lunch.

I wish I still had my old lunch boxes. They would be worth a small fortune now to collectors.
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
wkoldnewbornbabyboy

Post by wkoldnewbornbabyboy »

i remember as a kid my mommy would make P.B and J and give me carrots every once in a while for a school lunch and i had a transformer lunch box as well
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

I use to get Bologna and Ketchup which i grew to hate LOL.
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

I remember having a Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox at one time and then I was so excited to get a Dark Crystal one. Now it would be nice to have, Mostly I got bologna or ham and cheese, grapes and I am sure some other stuff but I remember those.
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

I had a Sesame Street lunchbox, and I loved my mother's peanut butter and honey sandwiches!
MommyLauren

Post by MommyLauren »

Wow that is a lot of P&J! I use to get them as well, along with ham and cheese. Apples, milk, and I think a treat but I can’t remember for sure.

But you know when I reminisce I can still smell the scent of the cafeteria.

Oh and as for my lunch box I use to have to brown bag it for a long time but eventually I had strawberry shortcake!
Cuddles Mommy Lauren
pinkluvs

And...

Post by pinkluvs »

There was of course egg salad sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, balogna sandwiches, and the "wurst", liverwurst. ;) My my! At least I had something to eat, and now I actually like liverwurst for some reason. Go figure! :)
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!