potty training

This is where you can ask your friends and board neighbors anything you want. It don't have to be about the AB/DL world. It can be about ANYTHING! Unload your questions here!
pinkluvs

potty training

Post by pinkluvs »

If you can recall, at what age were you potty trained?

I remember that I was about three and a half years old, and I didn't like potty training. It wasn't forceful, I just didn't want to give up my diapers.
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

My mother, (WHO HATED ME) first tried to potty train me when I was only 12 months-old!! :x

She hated me, and she hated changing (and washing) poopy diapers. (Yes, diapers used to be washed along with plastic "rubber" pants).

She gave up after a few days of me, a 12 month-old infant who had just taken his first steps, kept pooping and peeing his pants. And no, I do not remember this part, I was told this by my mom and grandmother.

(Actually, to show you how twisted my mom was, she actually believed, and still does to this day, that I, a 12 month-old baby, pooped my pants to quote, "get back at her".) :shock:

Anyway, she tried again when I was around 2 years old, and I VIVIDLY remember this effort. No matter how hard I tried to hold it, or remember to tell my mom that I needed to go potty, I would always end up messing my training pants. Every day, I pooped my training pants. My mom yelled at me, spanked me, shamed me, but I still messed my pants quote, "like a baby". (Which in fact I really was at the tender age of 2).

So, my mom gave up, and put me back in diapers and rubber pants, and I was still in diapers until the age of 5.

The rest they say.... is history. :wink:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
pinkluvs

That's rough

Post by pinkluvs »

That is terrible! I never knew a mom, including my own, that thought potty training was possible at 12 months of age. I've heard of two year olds that were/are potty trained, but not 12 months.
It sure makes me grateful for the mom that I have. I'm sure she might have been a bit frustrated with me, but she let things take their own course with a little guidance on her part.

I really feel sorry for you :(
What you went through looks like abuse.
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Thanks for the comments pinkluvs. 8)

A few years ago, I talked to a lady who used to do "phone mothering" on the side, because she had her own full-time home daycare. I remember she told me once that she thought that many ABs (but not all) got these "diaper desires" from rushed potty-training, or starting potty training too early.

I tend to agree with her. My first awareness of my need for diapers and the first time I fantasized about being a baby again, was when I was around 6 or 7 years old.

When all the other little boys wanted to go outside and play with trucks or plastic army men, I made excuses to stay inside and stay close to the mommies who were visiting my mom. Of course, these friends of my mom always had their babies with them, so I got to watch the loving interaction between mommies and babies, which included playing, feeding, and changing poopy diapers.

In addition to that, my mom also provided daycare for her friends babies. From the age of 6 or 7, to around 13, it seemed like our house always smelled like poop and baby powder, due to all the babies that were always there.

Of course, I didn't mind the smell of poop and baby powder. :lol:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
pinkluvs

I agree

Post by pinkluvs »

I think that forced potty training could lead to a diaper fetish.
As for me, I just can't explain it. I just always wanted to wear diapers for some reason.
I remember watching my babysitter changing diapers, and how I wished that I could be diapered too. Truth be told, one time after a bath, I was watching her change my little friend's diaper, and she asked me if I wanted to be diapered too! With some hesitation, I said yes, and that is one of my fondest memories :D
I got the full treatment. Diapers and plastic pants and all. I was in heaven.