Lost another 'Golden Girl'

Here is a place for the mommies to talk and babies to listen in. We say mommies, but sitters,aunts,nannies and grannies also.
MommyShirley

Lost another 'Golden Girl'

Post by MommyShirley »

It wasn't very long ago that Golden Girls actress Betty White hosted Saturday Night Live at 881/2 (she made a point to add the half :P in her skits). Then today I heard the sad news that her Golden Girls co-star Rue McClanahan passed away Thurs. morning from a massive stroke.
Were the other Mommies here (and anyone else who wishes to reply) fans of hers? I thought she was a very talented and funny lady.
PhoneMomSue

Post by PhoneMomSue »

Betty White is the only one left, and Estelle died in 2008, Bea in 2009, and Now Rue in 2010...if I were Betty I wouldn't leave the house next year.

Sue
If I forgot to kiss you its definitely a bad day!
Cum play with me.

Mom Sue
MommieSara

Post by MommieSara »

OMG no way, I didnt know Estelle passed away OMG. I missed that! She was the youngest of all of them. I agree Sue she shouldnt. Oh how sad. :cry: I was a huge fan, I loved all the Golden Girls and their prior works. Oh we are loosing a whole generation arent we.
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

I watched the Golden Girls sometimes when it was on initially, but I was too young to get a lot of the jokes. Since then I have seen a lot of the episodes on other channels. It is really sad that all but one of these women has passed away one a year since 08.
MissLizabeth

Post by MissLizabeth »

My favorite quote from that show is:

"I'm jumpier then a virgin at a prison rodeo." Blanche

I still watch this show and it never fails to make me laugh.

Liz
Candy

Post by Candy »

I LOVE Betty White. I want to be just like her when I'm old! I love watching the Golden Girls reruns someone should come up with a current version of the show it would do very well I think.
XOXO~ Candy Kisses