Too Hot

This place just for my special babies to come and let loose.
MommyMaggy

Too Hot

Post by MommyMaggy »

So, with all this heat we've been having, I was wondering what all the little ones and DLs were doing to keep cool in their diapers, and avoid the dreaded heat rash? Ever go dipping in the pool with your diaper on? Any opinions or suggestions for the others?
love,

Mommy Maggy
MommyShirley

Post by MommyShirley »

You are thinking the same thing I am Maggy. It is terribly hot. I'm not in diapers and I'm hot, so I can only guess how warm they are.
dllouie

Post by dllouie »

I try to stay inside when its this hot. But if I do go out baby powder helps out plenty. Cool and dry 8)
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

The combantion of cloth diapers and plastic baby pants can get a little too hot sometimes. :(

I grew up in Phoenix, AZ. in the 1960's, a time when ALL babies were diapered with cloth diapers and plastic "rubber" pants. It was hot most of the year long, so what I remember mothers doing was if they were at home, or outside, they would remove the plastic baby pants and just let the infant or toddler play in just their cloth diapers.

Not only was it cooler for the baby to play in just cloth diapers, but they looked sooooooo cute with their diaper pins showing on their fluffy white diapers. 8)

In fact, I remember a lot of babies just toddling around in just their cloth diapers with no rubber pants covering them. If you look at a lot of photos from the 1950s and 1960s you will see lot's of babies in nothing but a cloth diaper with cute diaper pins showing. :wink:

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
TheSitterStacie

Post by TheSitterStacie »

Not to brag but it's not that hot here..hehe

Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
mommy rebecca

Post by mommy rebecca »

I guess I am lucky to work from home, so I stay cool with ac. I suppose many people dont have ac so then that would be very hard. I couldnt live with out it LOL But if I wore diapers and it was just too hot to wear them then I would go without till it got cooler. There just really isnt much other choice, except everyone coming to my house, where summer is always a cool 68 F.
Mommy Rebecca

“You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.”Emo Philips
MommyGina

Post by MommyGina »

Oh it is hot!! I think if I were in diapers in this heat, i would be putting soo much powder on, little clouds of powder would escape from the leg openings when I walked :D ! Either that or i would be sitting in a wading pool :)

Gina
Lexus
Mommy

Post by Lexus »

I've been having fun this summer myself. Babies and DL's have been telling me how hot it is where they are though. Over on one of the blogs I posted about avoiding diaper rash.
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

The entire apartment has central air so we're totally cool [pun not intended]. :D

I tell you guys, we moved at just the right time. :)
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

Glad you got into a place with central air sweetie. It's a great thing to have this time of year.
Diapers4Ever

Post by Diapers4Ever »

Yeah, you're totally right. :) We used to have one little air conditioner in the living room and the rest of the place cooled by ceiling fans and open windows...lol

But having a vent in my room, my mom's room, the living room, and even both bathrooms is totally helpin' us stay cool in this weather.

The only thing that's unfortunate is, since the vent in the living room is close to the TV, when it kicks on, my mom can't hear the TV and has to turn the volume up. :( Strangely, though, my vent is just as close and it's nowhere near as loud to me. :?
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

It's not that hot here either Stacie, I guess we are just very lucky California girls!

*giggle*

Jenna
DommyMommyScarlet
Mommy

Post by DommyMommyScarlet »

It's been getting cool overnight here. It's a welcome change though.